Zolciak (left) at Carrier Annex, November 2009.
|Born||Kimberleigh Marie Zolciak
May 19, 1978
Pensacola, Florida, U.S.
|Residence||Johns Creek, Georgia, U.S.|
|Other names||Kim Zolciak Biermann|
Dan Toce (m. 2001–03)
Kroy Biermann (m. 2011)
Kimberleigh Marie "Kim" Zolciak Biermann (née Zolciak; born May 19, 1978) is an American television personality and singer. In 2008, she rose to prominence as one of the original housewives on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, a Bravo reality television series. Zolciak left the series during the fifth season; her final appearance aired on December 2, 2012. Earlier that year, she received her own spin-off series Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, which focused on the preparation of her wedding to Kroy Biermann; it was later renamed Don't Be Tardy...
Kim Zolciak was born in Pensacola, Florida, to a military family, and grew up in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. At 17, Zolciak had an affair with a 49-year-old Windsor Locks police sergeant who had interviewed her as a material witness in a criminal investigation, resulting in a 45-day suspension of the sergeant, who retired two years later. She graduated from East Catholic High School in Manchester, Connecticut, in 1996, and studied nursing at the University of Connecticut. At 26, she moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where her parents had moved, and eventually settled in the suburb of Johns Creek.
Zolciak first appeared on the reality television series The Real Housewives of Atlanta, airing on Bravo, on October 7, 2008. She began work on a new project, a country music album. Zolciak released a debut single, the dance track "Tardy for the Party," in 2009, and in 2010, a remix EP. Between Season 4 and Season 5, Zolciak and her then fiancé were the subject of a spin-off show titled Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, chronicling Zolciak's wedding preparations. Zolciak left Real Housewives in the middle of the fifth season, with her final episode airing December 9, 2012.
Zolciak has two daughters, Brielle (born February 25, 1997) and Ariana (born October 17, 2001). Zolciak was married to Dan Toce from 2001 to 2003. Toce was arrested in 2010 and pled guilty to one count of felony sex abuse against a minor, a 15-year-old female, and sentenced to 2 1/2 years at the MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution in Suffield, Connecticut.
In May 2010, Zolciak met Atlanta Falcons football player Kroy Biermann at the charity event Dancing with Atlanta Stars. Their meeting was later shown on season three of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. They have two sons: Kroy Jagger Biermann, Jr. (born May 30, 2011) and Kash Kade Biermann (born August 15, 2012). The couple wed at their rented Roswell, Georgia home on November 11, 2011. Zolciak announced she gave birth to twins, daughter Kaia Rose and son Kane Ren, on November 25, 2013.
"Tardy for the Party" lawsuit
On March 12, 2013, Kim Zolciak's Real Housewives of Atlanta castmate, Kandi Burruss, and her collaborating songwriter/producer, Rodney "Don Vito" Richard, filed suit against Zolciak for profits earned from the sale of the 2009 single "Tardy for the Party". In the documents filed, Burruss' attorney, RHOA castmate Phaedra Parks, alleges her clients wrote the song for Zolciak and that Zolciak released and sold the single "without [the] plaintiffs' authorization, license or consent." Burruss is also seeking a temporary restraining order to prevent future sales of the song and the "destruction of all copies of the infringing single and any other product of defendant's that infringe plaintiffs' copyrights", punitive damages, attorney's fees, and a jury trial.
|2009||"Tardy for the Party"|
|2012||"Love Me First"|
- Kim Zolciak tweet: "Happy Birthday, My beautiful birthday twin!!" May 19, 2012.
- Willard, Chris (November 25, 2008). "Real Housewives: Kim Talks NeNe, Big Papa and Hair Extensions". People. Retrieved 2013-12-22. "I'm sorry they feel that [I am older], but the reality is I am 30 — and you can take it or leave it."
- Catlin, Roger (October 5, 2010). "Kim Zolciak, the Connecticut Years". Hartford Courant (Hartford, Connecticut). Archived from the original on July 8, 2011.
- "Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak: I Stopped Speaking to My Costars". US Weekly. 12/3/2012. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "Kim's daughter Brielle turns 13!". KimZolciak.com (official site). February 25, 2010.
- Martin, Lara (October 18, 2010). "'Housewives' Zolciak 'so happy, in love'". Zolciak tweet via DigitalSpy.co.uk. Archived from the original on December 19, 2011. "Happy Birthday to my angel @arianazolciak today she turns 9!!! Wow time flies by. I love you Ana-Bana"
- Ho, Rodney (December 16, 2010). "Kim Zolciak Planning a Relationships Book". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Egusquiza, Rick (September 8, 2011). "Kim Zolciak Sickened by Child Molester Ex-Hubby". National Enquirer. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak: yes, I'm bisexual". Life & Style. March 24, 2010.
- Christianson, Emily (June 1, 2011). "Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann welcome baby boy". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "Kim Zolciak gives birth to baby boy Kash Kadelast=Harper". Zap2it. August 16, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Benzie, Mike (May 3, 2011). "Atlanta’s 'Real Housewife' Kim Zolciak to move into Roswell mansion". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on December 11, 2011.
- Hammel, Sara (November 11, 2011). "Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann Wed on 11/11/11". People.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Welcomes Twins, Baby Girl Kaia and Baby Boy Kane, With Husband Kroy Biermann". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- "I just don't care for....". Kim Zolciak Biermann verified Twitter account. January 18, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- Zach Johnson (March 14, 2013 AT 3:30PM). "Celebrity News: Kandi Burruss Sues Kim Zolciak for 'Tardy for the Party' Profits". Us Weekly.