From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up goon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A goon is a personal bodyguard or a thug or ruffian employed by a person or people as a personal enforcer. A goon typically intimidates, assaults, or batters people who oppose their employer.
Goon may also refer to:
- A performer in The Goon Show
- A Guard in a prisoner of war camp, (British World War II usage)
- One of a fictional race of creatures living on Goon Island in the Popeye cartoon series (see Alice the Goon)
- Barney Irwin (born 1954), wrestler briefly known as "The Goon"
- Enforcer (ice hockey), also known as a goon
- Goon (album), a 1996 release by Global Goon
- Goon (film), a 2011 comedy film starring Seann William Scott
- The Goon, comic book series created by Eric Powell
- Another name for the character in the Kilroy was here graffiti
- Australian/New Zealand slang word for cheap box wine, particularly common amongst Australian students
- GOONs, Guardians of the Oglala Nation, private paramilitary group active on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation during the early 1970s
- GOONS, an acronym for the Guild of One-Name Studies
- Mr Goon, oafish local policeman in Enid Blyton's Five Find-Outers series of children's books
- GOON, a staff member at DEF CON, considered the worlds largest Hacking Conference
- Rangiora, a town in North Canterbury nicknamed Goon
- Go-on, a possible way of reading certain Japanese Kanji
- Goon Squad (disambiguation)
- Gune, a gnome-like character from the film Titan A.E.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.