Goose Creek Township, Piatt County, Illinois
|Goose Creek Township|
Location in Piatt County
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||56.32 sq mi (145.9 km2)|
|• Land||56.3 sq mi (146 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||14/sq mi (5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429061|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 56.32 square miles (145.9 km2), of which 56.3 square miles (146 km2) (or 99.96%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Santa Anna Township, DeWitt County (north)
- Blue Ridge Township (northeast)
- Sangamon Township (east)
- Monticello Township (southeast)
- Willow Branch Township (south)
- Friends Creek Township, Macon County (southwest)
- Nixon Township, DeWitt County (west)
- DeWitt Township, DeWitt County (northwest)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Deland, Dillow Family, Dooley Family, Kentuck, Marquiss, Morain, Mosgrove and Old Monticello.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.