Gora Chakk Wala
|Gora Chakk Wala
ਗੋਰਾ ਚੱਕ ਵਾਲ਼ਾ
|Birth name||Gurpreet pal
|Also known as||Gora, Gora Chakwala|
27 April 1972 |
Chakk Fateh Singh Wala, Bathinda district, Punjab, India
|Genres||Punjabi, Pop, Bhangra, Duet|
Gora was born as Gurpreet pal to father Late Shri Ram Gopal and mother Late Jamuna Devi in the village of Chakk Fateh Singh Wala of Bathinda district in Indian Punjab. He got his primary education from the village, passed senior secondary from Khalsa Senior Secondary School, Bathinda and done his graduation from Rajindra College of Bathinda.
His first song was recorded in Balkar Sidhu's album while he was doing his graduation. As a songwriter, he inspired from his elder brother Jagga Chakk Wala and learn more about songwriting from his Guru (English: Teacher), Jasveer Viyogi and learned music from Kuldeep Manak and entered the world of Punjabi music with his album Galian Udaas Ho Gayian that, encouraging him, did very well. His second album, Tera Dil Marzi Da Malik, made him star overnight. As per trend, he also released some duet albums with singer, Sudesh Kumari and Miss Pooja. He is now a successful and established singer but the university gold medalist never felt overproud of his success. Till now, he has released more than one and a half dozen albums.
- Galian Udas Ho Gayian
- Tera Dil Marzi Da Malik
- Jaano Maar Zaalman
- Chandri Ron Lagg Pai
- Gall Tarhke Karange
- Gallan Teriyan Te Meriyan
- Chhad Paap Nekiyan Kar Lai (Religious)
- Sikhi Di Kahani (Religious)
- Din Kiven Gujarenga
- The Musical Tour
- Dhokha(The Ditch)
- Gora Chakwala Live Vol 1
- htpunjabi's channel (14 Jan 2011). "Tour - Gora Chakk Wala & Sudesh Kumari - Best Punjabi Songs". Watch video online. YouTube. Retrieved February 23, 2012.
- "ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਮਾਂ ਬੋਲੀ ਦੇ ਸਟਾਰ". In Punjabi. www.punjabijanta.com. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "iTunes - Music - Gora Chak Wala". www.itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "Gora Chakwala on Yahoo! Music". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 21 Feb 2012.