Čolak is 2009 CMAS (Confédération Mondiale des Activités Subaquatiques) world champion and world record holder in a join event with AIDA, the strongest free diving organization in the world. Čolak dived 244m and won CMAS and overall first place in the whole event with the longest dive of the championship, in addition of breaking CMAS world record.
Čolak is the 2011 Confédération Mondiale des Activités Subaquatiques (CMAS) world champion in Dynamic Apnea With Fins, with a 250 m swim, setting a new CMAS world record, fifth CMAS WR in his short career. On 16 October 2011, he became the AIDA International world champion in the same event (World championship in Lignano, Italy), and set the new world record of 273 m, surpassing the previous record of 265 m held by Dave Mullins. At the same event he produced one of the most astonishing individual free diving performance in history of this sport, with two gold medals, one silver medal and a world record.
Čolak won the 2012 AIDA team world championship, held in France (Nice) with Veljano Zanki and Božidar Petani as his team mates. This was first appearance and first gold for Croatian team at this kind of championships. In addition to gold medal Croatian team set the all time best in points with 840 points, beating the previous Denmark record of 839 points.
Čolak broke more than 30 national CMAS and AIDA records, and he was nominated for Croatian athlete of the year in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
Čolak won the Dubai Range Rover challenge two years running, 2011–2012.
- "About Me". gorancolak.com. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Goran Čolak svjetski prvak u ronjenju na dah". Index.hr (in Croatian). 4 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Lignano; Dynamic with Fin Results and a New World Record!". aidainternational.org. AIDA International. 16 October 2011. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "Svjetski rekord i zlato za Gorana Čolaka u ronjenju na dah" [Free-diving world record and gold for Gordan Čolak]. Vjesnik (in Croatian). 16 October 2011. Archived from the original on 14 June 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Ivica Medo (3 May 2010). "Ronjenje na dah: Goran Čolak pobijedio u Egiptu i oborio hrvatski rekord" [Free diving: Goran Čolak wins in Egypt and sets a Croatian record]. Nacional (weekly) (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Official website (English) (Croatian)
|This biographical article relating to Croatian sport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|