|Hintz in 2010|
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 54th district
2007 – Present
November 29, 1973 |
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Alma mater||Hamline University,
University of Wisconsin–Madison
Early career 
Prior to serving in the Legislature, Hintz worked in government at the federal, state, and local levels. Hintz worked on the 1996 U.S. Senate campaign of the late Paul Wellstone before going to work for U.S. Senator Herb Kohl and former U.S. Representative Jay Johnson as a Legislative Staff Assistant in Washington, DC. Hintz also served as a Research Assistant for Governor Tommy Thompson’s Commission on State and Local Partnerships for the 21st Century (Kettl Commission) and worked as a Management Assistant and Budget Analyst for the City of Long Beach, CA.
Legislative career 
During the 2011 Wisconsin budget protests on February 18, 2011, Hintz delivered an impassioned and widely commented on speech against Republican Governor Scott Walker's plan to strip public unions of collective bargaining rights.
Hintz publicly apologized on February 28 for comments directed at fellow legislator, Republican Assemblywoman Michelle Litjens during a heated backroom debate, after Republicans allegedly breaking procedural rules to end a 58-hour debate on the contentious budget. Litjens said she did not take the comments personally and thought they were directed at all Republicans but thought he should be disciplined by the Assembly.
- TMP Talking Points on Hintz's February 18, 2011 speech
- MSNBC, February 21, 2011, The Last Word With Lawrence O'Donnell
- CNN, February 19, 2011, CNN Newsroom, 10:00 AM
- Craver, Jack (2011-03-02). "Republicans, Democrats exchange accusations of incivility". Isthmus. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- Hintz apologizes for comments on the Assembly floor
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Gordon Hintz official government website
- Gordon Hintz for State Assembly official campaign website
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money - Gordon Hintz
- Campaign 2008 campaign contributions at Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
|This article about a Wisconsin politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|