Gordon West Public School
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2014)|
|Gordon West Public School|
|Pymble, New South Wales
|School type||Public, Coeducational Primary School|
|Motto||Learn and Advance|
|Principal||Mr Jim Huckerby|
|Assistant Principals||Mr Graeme Ellis
Miss Karen Harper
Mrs Donna Garland
Mrs Michele Paul
|Colour(s)||Blue and Yellow|
The student population was boosted by post World War 2 housing construction throughout the 1950s, Student populations were again boosted in the early 1990s after the closure of the nearby Gordon Public School, which saw the majority of their students transfer into Gordon West Public School.
- 1951 - Gordon West Public School opens.
- 1956 - 342 students.
- 1957 - The main four roomed building is completed in response to growing population of the local area.
- 1960 - West Pymble Public School opens, resulting in over 100 students transferring out of Gordon West Public School.
- 1990 - Gordon Public School closes, resulting in in a significant number of students transferring to Gordon West Public School.
- 195x to 19xx - Mr MacKinnon
- 1989 to Present - Mr Jim Huckerby
In alphabetical order, by surname:
- John David Booth - Politician
- Peter Garrett - Musician / Politician
- Seb Ryall - A-League Football Player
- Jacki Weaver - Actress
School Houses / Sporting Teams
- Gareaway (White Cockatoo)
- Marayong (Emu)
- Mulgo (Black Swan)
- Waugan (Raven)
- "Gordon West Public School". Gordonwest-p.schoolwebsites.com.au. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2014.