Gorham Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Gorham Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
|• Total||43.5 sq mi (112.8 km2)|
|• Land||43.4 sq mi (112.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||755 ft (230 m)|
|• Density||54.6/sq mi (21.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086127|
Gorham Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,372 people in the township, 1,032 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along the Michigan line, it borders the following townships:
- Medina Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Seneca Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northeast
- Chesterfield Township - east
- Dover Township - southeast corner
- Franklin Township - south
- Mill Creek Township, Williams County - west
- Wright Township, Hillsdale County, Michigan - northwest
The village of Fayette is located in central Gorham Township.
Name and history
It is the only Gorham Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.