Gorilla Monsoon (band)
|Origin||Dresden, Saxony, Germany|
|Genres||Doom metal, stoner metal|
Gorilla Monsoon is a German Doom metal/stoner metal band with Death metal influences also. Formed in 2001 the band made a name by constant touring. After the victory of the Wacken Metal Battle contest, they were signed by Armageddon Music.
The band named itself after the former wrestler Gorilla Monsoon. Traveling through the countryside he killed bears and drank the blood of the victims. The band also has no problems to identify itself with wrestling.
The debut album was recorded in summer 2005 within three weeks and was released in March 2006 via Armageddon Music.
- deflowered world (demo, 2001)
- …demonstrating heavieness (demo, 2003)
- A Lesson in Darkness (2005, Split 10" with Weed in the Head)
- Damage King (2006, Armageddon Music)
- Four to Conquer (EP, 2007, Armageddon Music)
- Extermination Hammer (2008, Wacken Records)