Goshen Municipal Airport
|Goshen Municipal Airport|
|IATA: GSH – ICAO: KGSH – FAA LID: GSH|
|Elevation AMSL||827 ft / 252 m|
Goshen Municipal Airport (IATA: GSH, ICAO: KGSH, FAA LID: GSH) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Goshen, a city in Elkhart County, Indiana, United States. It is owned by the Goshen Board of Aviation Commissioners. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Goshen Municipal Airport covers an area of 439 acres (178 ha) at an elevation of 827 feet (252 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 9/27 is 6,050 by 100 feet (1,844 x 30 m) with an asphalt surface and 5/23 is 2,497 by 180 feet (761 x 55 m) with a turf surface.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 27,702 aircraft operations, an average of 75 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% air taxi. At that time there were 60 aircraft based at this airport: 63% single-engine, 17% multi-engine, 12% jet, 5% ultralight, and 3% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GSH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Aerial image from Indiana DOT
- Aerial image as of March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GSH, effective May 28, 2015
- Resources for this airport: