|Goshogawara Station, with Tsugaru-Goshogawara Station on the far left, August 2010|
(See other stations in Aomori)
Tsugaru Railway Company
Tsugaru Railway Line
|There is a bus stop near this station|
Goshogawara Station (五所川原駅 Goshogawara-eki ) is a railway station on the Gonō Line and Tsugaru Railway Line in Goshogawara, Aomori, Japan, jointly operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the private railway operator Tsugaru Railway Company.
Goshogawara Station is served by the JR East Gonō Line and forms the terminus of the Tsugaru Railway Line. It is located 125.7 km from the southern terminus of the Gonō Line at Higashi-Noshiro Station.
Goshogawara Station has a single side platform and an island platform serving three tracks. The JR Gono Line uses the side platform and half of the island platform, while the Tsugaru Line uses the other half of the island platform. The station building has a staffed Midori no Madoguchi ticket office. The exterior of the JR East station structure was rebuilt in 2013, reopening on 1 August 2013.
|JR East station, August 2010|
|Neighborhood etc.||38 Omachi|
|Statistics||894 passengers/day (FY2012)|
|1||■Gono Line||for Ajigasawa and Fukaura|
|■Gono Line||for Hirosaki and Aomori (trains starting here)|
|2||■Gono Line||for Hirosaki and Aomori|
|Tsugaru Railway station, August 2010|
|Neighborhood etc.||7-5 Omachi|
|Former name||Goshogawara Station|
|Present name since||1956|
|Line(s)||Tsugaru Railway Line|
|3||■Tsugaru Railway Line||for Kanagi and Tsugaru-Nakasato|
|Tsugaru Railway Line|
Goshogawara Station opened on September 25, 1918, as a station on the Japanese National Railways (JNR) Goshogawara Line. On June 1, 1927, the Goshogawara Line was joined with the newly nationalized Mutsu Railway. The Tsugaru Railway Line began operations from Goshogawara on July 15, 1930. On July 10, 1956, the Tsugaru Railway portion of the station was officially renamed Tsugaru-Goshogawara Station (津軽五所川原駅), to distinguish it from the JNR portion. With the privatization of JNR on April 1, 1987, the JNR portion came under the operational control of JR East.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2013)|
Goshogawara Station is served by the following bus services, operated by Kōnan Bus.
- For Aomori-Yadamae via Harako, Daishaka, Shinjō and Aomori Station
- For Hirosaki Bus Terminal via Tsuruta, Itayanagi and Fujisaki
- For Kodomari Bus office via Kanagi and Nakasato Station
- For Ajigasawa Bus office via Kizukuri, Morita and Ajigasawa Station
In fiscal 2012, the JR East station was used by an average of 894 passengers daily (boarding passengers only) The passenger figures for the JR East station in previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Goshogawara Post office
- Goshogawara Whaling Factory
- Harris, Ken and Clarke, Jackie. Jane's World Railways 2008-2009. Jane's Information Group (2008). ISBN 0-7106-2861-7
- "五能線五所川原駅，外観をリニューアル" [Goshigawara Station exterior rebuilt]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- 日本国有鉄道停車場一覧 [JNR Station Directory]. Japan: Japanese National Railways. 1985. p. 131. ISBN 4-533-00503-9.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 196. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- "各駅の乗車人員 （2012年度）" [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2012)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "各駅の乗車人員 （2000年度）" [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "各駅の乗車人員 （2005年度）" [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "各駅の乗車人員 （2010年度）" [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "各駅の乗車人員 （2011年度）" [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2011)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goshogawara Station.|