||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)
Gossip is an instant messaging client for Unix-like operating systems. It uses XMPP protocol and adheres to GNOME's published human interface guidelines. It is written in the C programming language, and its main developer is Mikael Hallendal, founder of Imendio.
Among its features are:
- Presence of your contacts
- Send and receive messages
- Group chatting
- Keeping all of your conversations logged
- Sound notification
- Compliance with GNOME's Human Interface Guidelines
- ^ GNOME project. "Gossip". Retrieved 2008-06-27.
- ^ Saint-André, Peter (2009). XMPP: The Definitive Guide: Building Real-Time Applications with Jabber Technologies. O'Reilly Media.
- ^ http://www.osnews.com/story/8411/Interview_with_Mikael_Hallendal_Founder_of_Imendio