List of Gothic Revival architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gothic Revival architecture in New York)
The following is a list of buildings in the Gothic Revival style.
Asia (Region) 
- St Andrew's Cathedral on North Bridge Road, Singapore
- St. Anthony's Cathedral, Lahore, Pakistan
- Sacred Heart Cathedral, Canton, China, 1863–1888
- San Sebastian Church, Manila, The Philippines
- Santhome Cathedral, Madras (Chennai), India
- St Michael's Institution, Ipoh, Malaysia
- Cathedral of Bariloche
- Cathedral of Córdoba
- Cathedral of La Plata
- Cathedral of Lujan
- Cathedral of Mar del Plata
- Scots' Church, Melbourne
- Vaucluse House Sydney Regency Gothic.
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music, the old Government stable block.
- Government House, Sydney
- St. Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney
- St. Mary's Cathedral, Sydney
- Sydney University, the main building, commenced 1850s, extended 20th century.
- St Patrick's Cathedral, Melbourne
- St. Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne
- Melbourne University - Main Building, Newman College and Ormond College
- The Collins Street group in Melbourne - Rialto buildings, Former Stock Exchange, Gothic Bank, Goode House and Olderfleet buildings and Safe Deposit Building
- St David's Cathedral (Hobart)
- Government House, Hobart
- Perth Town Hall
- Newington College, founders block
- Parliament of Barbados, west-wing completed 1872, east-wing in 1873.
- Maredsous Abbey, 1872–1892
- Loppem Castle, 1856–1869
- Church of Hunnegem, paintings 1856-1869
- Basilica of Our Lady, Dadizele, 1857–1867
- Sint-Petrus-en-Pauluskerk, Ostend, 1899–1908
- Church of Our Lady of Laeken, Brussels, 1854–1909
Bosnia and Herzegovina 
- São Paulo Sé Cathedral (Catedral da Sé de São Paulo), São Paulo, 1912–1967
- São João Batista Cathedral (Catedral São João Batista), Santa Cruz do Sul, 1928–1932
- Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Ontario, 1878
- Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal, Quebec, 1888
- St. James' Cathedral, Toronto, Ontario, 1844
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist St. John's, Newfoundland, 1847–85
- Church of Our Lady Immaculate, Guelph, Ontario, 1888
- Currie Hall, Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, Ontario, 1922
- College Building, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (1913)
- Little Trinity Anglican Church, 1843, Toronto, Ontario - Tudor Gothic revival
- Church of the Holy Trinity (Toronto), 1847, Toronto, Ontario
- St. Dunstan's Basilica 1916, Charlottetown, PEI
- Hart House at the University of Toronto, 1911–1919, Toronto, Ontario
- 1 Spadina Crescent, at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, 1875
- Burwash Hall at Victoria University in the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, St. John's
- St. Patrick's Church, St. John's
- St. Peter's Cathedral (London), London, Ontario, 1885
- St. Patrick's Basilica, Montreal, Montreal, 1847
- Ottawa Normal School, Ottawa, Ontario, 1874
- St. Patrick's Basilica (Ottawa), Ottawa, Ontario, 1875
- First Baptist Church (Ottawa), Ottawa, Ontario, 1878
- Confederation Building (Ottawa), Ottawa, Ontario, 1931
- Christ Church Cathedral, Montreal
- St. Michael's Basilica, Chatham, New Brunswick
- St. Mary's Basilica (Halifax), Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia, 1899
- St. Michael's Cathedral, Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, 1845
- Church of the Redeemer (Toronto), Toronto, Ontario, 1879
- St. James Anglican Church, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Bathurst Street Theatre, Toronto, Ontario, 1888
- Bloor Street United Church, Toronto, Ontario, 1890
- Casa Loma, Toronto, Ontario, 1914
- Federico Santa María Technical University, Valparaíso 1931
- Church of the Sacred Heart, Valparaíso
- Church of the Twelve Apostles, Valparaíso, 1869
- Vergara Hall (Venetian Gothic), Viña del Mar, 1910
- Castle Trakošćan, 1886
- Hermann Bollé, Monumental cemetery Mirogoj, Zagreb, 1879–1929
- Hermann Bollé, Zagreb cathedral, 1880-
Costa Rica 
Czech Republic 
- Basilica of St Peter and St Paul, Prague
- Completion of St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague, 1870–1929
- Completion of Saint Wenceslas cathedral, Olomouc, 1883–92
- Hluboká Chateau
- St. Ansgar's Cathedral, Copenhagen (1840–42)
- University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, 1835
- Copenhagen University Library, Copenhagen, 1857–61
- St. John's Church, Copenhagen, Nørrebro, Copenhagen, 1861
- St. James's Church, Østerbro, Copenhagen, 1876–78
- Church of Our Lady, Aarhus, 1879–80
- St. Alban's Church, Copenhagen, 1885–87
- St. Henry's Cathedral, Helsinki, 1858–1860
- Ritarihuone, Helsinki, 1862
- Heinävesi Church, Heinävesi, 1890–1891
- St. John's Church, Helsinki, 1888–1893
- Mikkeli Cathedral, Mikkeli, 1896–1897
- Joensuu church, Joensuu, 1903
- Temple Saint-Étienne, Mulhouse
- Basilica of St. Clotilde, Paris
- Église Saint-Ambroise (Paris)
- Église Saint-Georges, Lyon
- Jesuit Church, Molsheim
- St. Paul's Church (Strasbourg)
- Nauener Tor, Potsdam, 1755
- Gothic House, Dessau-Wörlitz Garden Realm, 1774
- Friedrichswerdersche Kirche, Berlin, 1824–30
- Castle in Kamenz (now Kamieniec Ząbkowicki in Poland), 1838–65
- Burg Hohenzollern, 1850–67
- Completion of Cologne Cathedral, 1842–80
- New Town Hall, Munich, 1867–1909
- St. Agnes, Cologne, 1896–1901
- St John's Cathedral, County Limerick, 1861
- St. Eunan's Cathedral, Letterkenny, County Donegal,
- Saint Finbarre's Cathedral, Cork, 1870
- St Mary's Cathedral, Killarney, County Kerry, 1842–55
- St. Aidan's Cathedral, Enniscorthy, County Wexford, 1843
- St Mary's Cathedral, Tuam, County Galway, 1878
- St. Mary's Cathedral, Kilkenny, County, Kilkenny, 1857
- Castello d'Albertis, Genoa.
- Castello di Pollenzo, Brà (near Cuneo), Piedmont.
- Chiesa di San Teodoro, Genoa, 1870
- Chiesa di Santa Maria del Rosario in Prati, Rome, 1912–16
- Chiesa di Santa Maria stella del mare, Naples, early 20th century.
- Florence Cathedral, the facade only.
- Chiesa di Santa Rita, Turin, early 20th century.
- Caffè Pedrocchi (or Pedrocchino), Padua, mixed parts of gothic and classical styles.
- Castello Aselmeyer, Naples.
- Borgo Medioevale, Turin.
- Santuario dell'Addolorata, Castelpetroso, 1890–1975
- Molino Stucky, Venice.
- Chiesa del Sacro Cuore (Livorno), Livorno, 1915
- City Hall (Cagliari), Cagliari, 1899
- Palazzo Aldobrandeschi, Grosseto, 1903
- chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, San Fior, in the Province of Treviso, 1906–1930
- Palazzetto Stern, Venice.
- Villa Herriot, Venice.
- Casa dei Tre Oci, Venice.
- Chiesa di S. Maria della Guardia, Catania, 1880
- chiesa del Sacro Cuore del Suffragio, Rome, 1917
- chiesa del Sacro Cuore, Grottaferrata, in the Province of Rome, 1918–1928
- Anglican Church of Naples, Naples, 1861–1865
- chiesa protestante di Genova, Genoa.
- chiesa Valdese, Florence.
- chiesa Episcopale Americana di Saint James, Florence, early 20th century.
- Tempio della Congregazione Olandese Alemanna, Livorno, 1862–1864
- chiesa anglicana All Saints Church, Bordighera, in the Province of Imperia.
- chiesa anglicana di Palermo, Palermo, 1875
- chiesa di Santo Spirito e Concezione, Zinola/Savona, 1873
- Chiesa Luterana, Naples, 1864
- Tempio Valdese, Turin, 1851–53
- Chiesa Evangelico Luterana, Trieste, 1871–74
- Notre Dame de Sion, Trieste, 1900
- Chiesa Anglicana Episcopale di San Paolo entro le Mura, Rome
- Chiesa di Ognissanti (chiesa anglicana di Roma), Rome, 1882
- Chapultepec Castle, Mexico City
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Zamora, Michoacán
- Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral
- Palacio de Correos de Mexico
- La Parroquia Church of St. Michael the Archangel, San Miguel de Allende
- Templo Expiatorio de Guadalajara, Jalisco
New Zealand 
- Canterbury Museum, Christchurch
- Christchurch Arts Centre, Christchurch
- Christchurch Cathedral, Christchurch
- Canterbury Provincial Council Buildings, Christchurch
- Christ's College, Canterbury, Christchurch
- Victoria Clock Tower, Christchurch
- Dunedin Town Hall, Dunedin, 1878-1880.
- First Church, Dunedin 1867-1873.
- Knox Church, Dunedin 1874-1876.
- Larnach Castle, Dunedin, 1867-1887.
- Old St. Paul's, Wellington
- St Joseph's Cathedral, Francis Petre, Dunedin, 1879-1886.
- Otago Boys High School, Dunedin 1883-1885.
- Seacliff Lunatic Asylum, Dunedin, 1884-1887.
- University of Otago Clocktower complex, Dunedin, 1878-1922.
- University of Otago Registry Building, Dunedin, 1879-1922.
- Lyttelton Timeball Station, Lyttelton, Christchurch
- Oscarshall, Oslo, 1847–1852
- Sagene Church, Oslo, 1891
- Tromsø Cathedral, in wood, Tromsø, Norway, 1861
The Philippines 
- Gothic House in Puławy, 1800–1809
- Potocki mausoleum located at the Wilanów Palace, 1823–1826
- Lublin Castle, 1824–1826
- Krasiński Palace in Opinogóra Górna, 1828–1843
- Kórnik Castle, 1843–1861
- Blessed Bronisława Chapel in Kraków, 1856–1861
- Collegium Novum of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków, 1873–1887
- Karol Scheibler's Chapel in Łódź, 1885–1888
- Cathedral in Siedlce, 1906–1912
- Temple of Mercy and Charity in Płock, 1911–1914
- Chesme palace church (1780), St Petersburg
- Tsaritsyno Palace, Moscow
- Nikolskaya tower of Moscow Kremlin, Moscow
- St. Mary Cathedral, Moscow
- St. Andrew's Anglican Church, Moscow (1884)
- TSUM, Moscow
- Astorga Episcopal Palace, Astorga
- Cathedral of San Cristóbal de La Laguna, San Cristóbal de La Laguna
- Facade of Cathedral of Santa Eulalia, Barcelona
- Sobrellano Palace, Comillas
- Swallow's Nest, Crimea
- St. Nicholas Roman Catholic Cathedral, Kiev
- Roman Catholic Cathedral in Kharkiv
- Church of St. Olha and Elizabeth in Lviv,
United Kingdom 
- Albert Memorial, London, 1872
- All Saints' Church, Daresbury, Cheshire, 1870s, the tower is medieval
- All Saints Church, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, 1843
- All Saints Church, Margaret Street, London
- Bristol Cathedral, Bristol, the nave and west front
- Broadway Theatre, Catford, London, 1928–32
- Charterhouse School, Godalming, Surrey
- Downside Abbey, Somerset, c.1882–1925
- 33-35 Eastcheap, City of London, 1868
- Fonthill Abbey, Wiltshire, 1795-1813 (no longer survives)
- Guildford Cathedral, Guildford
- John Rylands Library, Manchester, 1890–1900
- Keble College, Oxford, 1870
- Liverpool Cathedral, Liverpool
- Manchester Town Hall, Manchester, 1877
- The Maughan Library, City of London, 1851–1858
- Northampton Guildhall
- Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament), London, begun in 1840
- St. Chad's Cathedral, Birmingham
- St Oswald's Church, Backford, Cheshire, the nave 1870s, the tower and chancel are medieval
- St Walburge's Church, Preston
- St Pancras railway station, London, 1868
- South London Theatre, London
- Tower Bridge, London
- Truro Cathedral, Cornwall
- Tyntesfield, Somerset, 1863
- Southwark Cathedral, Southwark, London, the nave
- Strawberry Hill, London, begun in 1749
- Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Oxford
- Woodchester Mansion, Gloucestershire, c.1858–1873
- Wills Memorial Building at the University of Bristol, Bristol, 1915–1925
Northern Ireland 
- Barclay Church, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1862–1864
- St Mary's Cathedral, Edinburgh (Episcopal), from 1874
- Scott Monument, Edinburgh, Scotland, begun in 1841
- Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow campus, Glasgow, Scotland, (the second largest example of Gothic Revival architecture in the British Isles), 1870
- Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church, Observatory Road/Huntly Gardens, West End, Glasgow. Opened 1876. Based on the famous Sainte Chapelle, Paris
- Wallace Monument
- Hawarden Castle (18th century), Hawarden
- Gwrych Castle, Abergele, 1819
- Penrhyn Castle, Gwynedd, 1820–45
- Cyfarthfa Castle, Merthyr Tydfil, 1824
- Treberfydd, near Brecon, 1847−50
- Bodelwyddan Castle, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire, 1850s, with further alterations in the 1880s
- Hafodunos, near Llangernyw, 1861–6
- Cardiff Castle, Glamorgan, 1866–9
- Castell Coch, Glamorgan, 1871
United States 
Eastern region 
- Gasson Tower and Bapst Library at Boston College, 1908
- Harkness Tower at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, 1917-21
- Several buildings on the Seton Hall University campus, South Orange, New Jersey
- Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart (Newark, New Jersey) 1954
- Princeton University Chapel Princeton, 1925-1928 (and other buildings such as the Graduate College)
New York area 
- Saint Ignatius of Antioch Episcopal Church, Manhattan, 1902
- St. Patrick's Cathedral, New York City, 1858–78
- Woolworth Building, New York City, 1910–13
- Trinity and U.S. Realty Building, New York City, 1907
- New York Life Insurance Building, New York City, 1928
- Liberty Tower, New York City, 1909
- Several buildings in Tudor City, New York City, 1920s
- Public School 166 in Manhattan, New York City, 1898
- McGraw Tower, Uris Library, Willard Straight Hall, and other buildings on the Cornell University campus in Ithaca, New York.
- Several buildings of the Fordham University campus in The Bronx including structures as recently constructed as 2000.
- The Thompson Memorial Library at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY, 1905.
- Several buildings on the City College of New York campus, New York City
- Most of the buildings on the West Point campus, most famously the West Point Cadet Chapel
Pennsylvania area 
- Bryn Athyn Cathedral in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania, 1913–19
- Alumni Memorial Building at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 1925
- East Liberty Presbyterian Church, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1932–35
- Cathedral of Learning, Heinz Chapel, and the Stephen Foster Memorial at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1926–37
- Congregation Mickve Israel, a rare example of a Gothic revival synagogue
- PPG Place, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1984
- Saint Peter's Episcopal Church, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania built 1851, moved and re-constructed 1901, destroyed (date needed)
- Whitman College, Princeton University
- Several buildings on the Grove City College campus, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Several buildings on the Bryn Mawr College campus, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Southern region 
- Several buildings on the University of Richmond campus, Richmond, Virginia, 1937
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church (Alexandria, Virginia) 1818, designed by Benjamin Latrobe
- St. Patrick's Church (New Orleans, Louisiana), New Orleans, Louisiana, 1837.
- Old Louisiana State Capitol, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1849.
- Christ Church Cathedral, New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1886.
- Washington National Cathedral, Washington, D.C., 1907–90
- Oak Hill Cemetery Chapel, Washington, D.C., designed by James Renwick, Jr. in 1850
- Duke Chapel and the main quadrangle of the West Campus of Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, 1930–35
- St. Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Memphis, Tennessee, 1898–1926
- St. Mary's Episcopal Chapel in Adams County, Mississippi, 1837
- Lanier High School Lanier High School (Montgomery, Alabama), Montgomery, Alabama
- Several buildings on the Rhodes College campus, Memphis, Tennessee
- Several buildings on the University of Florida campus, Gainesville, Florida
Midwest and West regions 
- Tribune Tower, Chicago, Illinois, completed in 1925
- Rockefeller Chapel and other buildings on the University of Chicago campus, Chicago, Illinois
- Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church, Detroit, Michigan, 1911
- Several buildings on the University of Toledo campus, Toledo, Ohio
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Cleveland, Ohio) 1836, the oldest consecrated building in Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Brookings Hall and several buildings on the Washington University campus, St. Louis, Missouri
- St. Francis de Sales Church (St. Louis, Missouri), the second largest church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis
- Salt Lake Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1896
- Natrona County High School, Casper, Wyoming, 1924
- Suzzallo Library and several buildings on the University of Washington campus, Seattle, Washington
- Hearst Castle, San Simeon, California
- Cathedral Building, Oakland, California, 1914
- Grace Cathedral, San Francisco, 1928 -1964.
- St. Dominic's Roman Catholic Church, San Francisco
- All Saints Episcopal Church (Pasadena, California), church 1926, rectory 1931.
- Neo-Gothic (also called "Scholastic Gothic" or "Collegiate Gothic") is the characteristic architecture of the University, and includes a majority of the residential colleges, the principal library (Sterling Memorial Library), the Hall of Graduate Studies, Yale Law School, and the Payne Whitney Gymnasium.
- http://www.usc.edu/dept/architecture/greeneandgreene/103.html /5/30/2010