From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Pronunciation||German pronunciation: [ˈɡɔtfʁiːt]|
|Look up Gottfried in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gottfried is a name of German origin. It consists of the German words for "God" (Gott) and "peace" (fried), and is used as both a first name and as a surname.
Gottfried is the surname of:
- Brian Gottfried (1952-), American tennis player.
- John Gottfried (1917–1980), Canadian politician.
- Gesche Gottfried, German serial killer
- Gilbert Gottfried (1955-), American comedian.
- Keith Gottfried (1966-), American lawyer.
- Mark Gottfried (1964-), American men's college basketball coach.
- Martha Joy Gottfried (1925-2014), American landscape painter
- Martin Gottfried (1933-2014), American critic, columnist and author.
- Paul Gottfried (1941-), American professor.
- Richard Gottfried (1947-), American politician.
- Robert W. Gottfried (1926-2007), American entrepreneur.
- All pages beginning with "Gottfried" for people with this given name
- Godfrey, the English equivalent
- Goethe (surname)
|This page or section lists people with the surname Gottfried. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|