Gourock Outdoor Pool
|Gourock Outdoor Pool|
Gourock Outdoor Pool in 2006
|Address||Albert Road, Gourock, Renfrewshire, Scotland|
|Operator||Inverclyde Leisure Trust|
|Length||33.3 metres (109 ft)|
|Width||15 metres (49 ft)|
|Depth||3.5 metres (11 ft)|
The pool is heated and uses salt water taken from the River Clyde. The water is filtered, cleaned and maintained at a minimum temperature of 29C. Facilities include a gym and a children’s pool. The lido opens from April to September.
The pool is managed by Inverclyde Leisure.
The pool was closed at the end of the 2010 summer season for a major improvement project, due to be completed before the end of 2011. The existing changing accommodation has been demolished and will be replaced with a more modern leisure centre, incorporating an enlarged gymnasium and lift access from the street level down to the new changing accommodation and the upgraded pool.
- Smith, Janet (2006). Liquid assets: the lidos and open air swimming pools of Britain. English Heritage. p. 183. ISBN 978-0-9547445-0-2
- Tom Shields (July 18, 2004), Making a Big Splash On The Lido Scene; Our hero takes a trip down memory lane and a dook by the Inverclyde Riviera, The Sunday Herald, p. 14, "The Buffer chose Gourock for a nostalgic dog-paddle because it is nearer home and has a great view. The vista from this spa town across to Kilcreggan, Cowal and the lochs is the best on the Firth of Clyde."
- Inverclyde Leisure pool information
- Scottish Parliament motion S3M-04657, Ross Finnie: "Celebrate Gourock Outdoor Pool's Centenary — That the Parliament joins in celebrating the centenary of Gourock Outdoor Pool, the oldest and one of only two outdoor pools remaining in Scotland."
- Inverclyde Leisure pool history
- "Inverclyde Leisure - Gourock Outdoor Swimming Pool". Retrieved 2010-12-31. "Gourock's famous outdoor pool is now closed ahead of a massive £2 million refurbishment"
|This article about a Scottish sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|