|Also known as||Vimana|
|Years active||Ferry Corsten 1999 - Present and Tiesto 1999 - 2001|
|Members||Ferry Corsten (1999-Present)
Gouryella were a Dutch trance act comprising Ferry Corsten and DJ Tiësto. The word itself means "heaven" in an aborigine language. They are best known for the self-titled song "Gouryella" and the follow-up single "Walhalla", both uplifting trance tracks. Ferry Corsten has confirmed that the Gouryella project will not be continued.
Gouryella released six tracks: "Gouryella", "Gorella", "Walhalla", "In Walhalla", "Tenshi" and "Ligaya". "Gorella" and "In Walhalla" were B-sides and were not released in the UK, although they did appear on the respective German and Dutch import albums. All four released tracks appeared on Tranceaddict's Top 100 EDM tracks list as well as the 2011 Trance Top 1000.
In late 2000, Tiësto decided he needed to concentrate on his solo work, and left Corsten to write and produce "Ligaya", with the Dutch producer John Ewbank.
The first single, "Gouryella", contained remixes from DJ Gigilo and Armin van Buuren. "Walhalla", also released in 1999, also featured a remix from Van Buuren, as well as Hybrid. In July 1999, the duo both received a gold record for sales of "Gouryella".
In 2002, Corsten produced "Ligaya", and set it for release with a remix pack from Hiver & Hammer and Green Court, plus an extra Corsten remix. Dutch duo Rank 1 also did a remix which, although not officially released, did see Rank 1 play it in some of their sets in 2002 and 2003. A stream of remixes by fans soon followed the original release, most notably by Airbase who allowed people to download his own remix for free before the original was released to the public. 2003 saw the release of "Ligaya"'s hard mixes by Yoji Biomehanika and Walt. Gouryella remixed two tracks for other artists, both in 1999: Solange - Messages and Binary Finary - 1999.
Additionally, Corsten and Tiësto released two tracks under the name of Vimana. "We Came" appeared in 1999 and featured a B-side "Dreamtime".
Rumors circulated the internet that Gouryella were due to release a track called "Maya" in 2012, however a status update on Facebook posted on 07/11/2011 by Ferry Corsten suggested that this rumour was in fact untrue. Ferry commented "I've read some rumors on the internet about a new track called "Maya"... Can somebody send me a link, I'm very curious to hear it myself too!"
Tribute albums 
This list contains tribute albums by Gouryella.
- 2004: Best
- 2005: Best of System F & Gouryella (Part One)
- 2006: Best of System F & Gouryella (Part Two)
This list contains singles by Gouryella.
- 1999 "Gouryella" #15 UK; #65 NL
- 1999 "Walhalla" #27 UK; #39 NL
- 2000 "Tenshi" #45 UK
- 2002 "Ligaya" (Ferry Corsten and John Ewbank, Tiësto did not participate) #78 GER; #67
This list contains B-sides, produced by Gouryella.
- 1999 "Gorella" B-side of "Gouryella"
- 1999 "In Walhalla" B-side of "Walhalla"
This list contains remixes by Gouryella.
- 1999: Solange - "Messages" (Gouryella Remix)
- 1999: Binary Finary - "1999" (Gouryella Remix)
- 1999: Gold record ("Gouryella")
- 2000: Gold record ("Walhalla")
- Top 100 EDM Tracks
- "Tribute Albums - Gouryella Discography at Discogs".
- "Singles - Gouryella Discography at Discogs".
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 232. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "B-Sides - Gouryella Discography at Discogs".
- "Remixes - Gouryella Discography at Discogs".
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|