Government of Mohamed Ghannouchi
During the 2010–2011 Tunisian uprising, Zine El Abidine Ben Ali who acted as president of Tunisia for 23 years fled. Mohamed Ghannouchi formed a new government. Fouad Mebazaa took office in January 2011 as interim president. A new government was formed on January 17, 2011. On January 27, there were changes in the government.
As of January 27, members included:
- Mohamed Ghannouchi, prime minister
- Karoui Lazhar Chebbi, minister of justice
- Abdelkarim Zebidi, minister of national defense. He replaced Ridha Grira, minister since 17 January
- Ahmed Ounaies, minister of foreign affairs. He replaced Kamel Morjane. Resigned on 13 February
- Farhat Rajhi, minister of the interior
- Laroussi Mizouri, minister of religious affairs
- Slim Amamou, secretary of state for sport and youth (the first time in the world that a Pirate Party member ascends to a governmental post).
Ghannouchi was replaced as Prime Minister on 27 February 2011 by Beji Caid el Sebsi.