Government of the Republic of Abkhazia
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Republic of Abkhazia is headed by the President (the current acting President is Valeri Bganba), who is supported by a Vice President (currently vacant). They are served by a cabinet of ministers, which is headed by current acting prime minister Vladimir Delba.
|Prime Minister||Beslan Butba||29 September 2014|
|First Vice Premier||Shamil Adzynba||15 October 2014|
|Vice Premier||Viktor Khilchevski||15 October 2014|
|Vice Premier||Suren Kerselyan||15 October 2014|
|Chief of the Cabinet Staff||Marina Ladaria||20 October 2011|
|Minister of Internal Affairs||Raul Lolua||4 August 2014|
|Minister of Health||Andzor Goov||28 October 2014|
|Minister for Foreign Affairs||Viacheslav Chirikba||11 October 2011|
|Minister of Culture and the Preservation of Historical and Cultural Heritage||Elvira Arsalia||15 October 2014|
|Minister of Defence||Mirab Kishmaria||10 May 2007|
|Minister of Education, Science, Sports and Youth Policy||Adgur Kakoba||15 October 2014|
|Minister of Agriculture||Rafik Otyrba||15 October 2014|
|Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Security||Suren Kerselyan||15 October 2014|
|Minister of Finance||Amra Kvarandzia||17 October 2014|
|Minister of Economy||Nikolai Achba||15 October 2014|
|Minister of Justice||Marina Pilia||17 October 2014|
|Minister of Emergency Situations||Lev Kvitsinia||21 July 2014|
|Minister of Energy, Transport and Communications||Viktor Khilchevski||15 October 2014|
|Chairman of the State Committee for Repatriation||Khrips Jopua||14 June 2013|
|Chairman of the State Committee for Ecology and the Environment||Saveli Chitanava||21 October 2014|
|Chairman of the State Committee for Standards, Consumer and Technical Supervision||Erik Rshtuni||23 October 2014|
|Chairman of the State Customs Committee||Daur Kobakhia||21 October 2014|
|Chairman of the State Committee for Management of State Property and Privatization||Konstantin Katsia||3 April 2007|
The People's Assembly is the parliament of the Republic of Abkhazia.
The Military Procuracy and Military Court were founded in March 1993. On 11 July 1993, the Military Court was turned into the Military Tribunal, but it was changed back on 1 July 1998.
The Prosecutor's Office was founded on 15 April 1994. The first Prosecutor General was Anri Jergenia. After Jergenia became Prime Minister in 2001, he was succeeded by Rauf Korua, who was in turn replaced by Zaur Bartsits following the election of Sergei Bagapsh as President in 2005. In February 2007, Saferbei Mikanba was appointed as Prosecutor General.
Following the May 2014 Revolution, on 5 June the People's Assembly voted to dismiss Mikanba as Prosecutor General. The following day, acting President Valeri Bganba appointed Deputy Prosecutor General Zurab Agumava as Acting Prosecutor General. On 9 September, Bganba extended Agumava's temporary appointment until 7 October 2014. That day, the People's Assembly elected Deputy Minister for Internal Affairs Aleksei Lomia to become the new Prosecutor General with 26 votes in favour, 3 against and 1 abstention.
- (English)/(Russian)/(Abkhaz)(Turkish)/ President of the Republic of Abkhazia. Official site
- (English)/(Russian)/(Turkish) Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Abkhazia. Official Site
- "Органам военной юстиции Республики Абхазия исполнилось 20 лет". Apsnypress. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Генпрокуратура Абхазии отметила своё 19-летие". Apsnypress. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Генеральный прокурор Сафарбей Миканба отстранен от должности". Apsnypress. 5 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Зураб Агумава назначен исполняющим обязанности Генерального прокурора РА.". Apsnypress. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Исполнение Зурабом Агумава обязанностей генерального прокурора РА продлено до 7 октября". Apsnypress. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Алексей Ломия назначен Генеральным прокурором Республики Абхазия". Apsnypress. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Председателем Арбитражного суда РА избрана Фатима Квициния". Apsnypress. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
|This article related to the politics of Abkhazia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|