Govind Chandra Pande
Govind Chandra Pande (Hindi: गोविन्द चन्द्र पाण्डे) (July 30, 1923 – May 22, 2011) was a well-known Indian historian of the Vedic and the Buddhist periods. He served a professor of ancient history and vice-chancellor at Jaipur and Allahabad universities. He was also the chairman of the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Simla for several years, the Chairman of Allahabad Museum Society and the Chairman of Central Tibetan Society, Sarnath Varanasi.
He edited several volumes of ancient history in Project of History of Indian Science, Philosophy and Culture.
His most recent work (in June 2008) was a translation and explanation of the Rigveda in Hindi that has been published by Lokbharti Booksellers and Distributors, Allahabad (under the aegis of Lokbharti proprietor Mr. Dinesh Chandra Grover). This is the first of a four-part series, and covers the third, fourth and fifth mandalas of the sacred text and is generally dedicated to Agni - the sacred fire. This volume also has the translation of the sacred Gayatri Mantra.
- Life and Thought of Sankaracharya (1998)
- Bauddha Dharma ke Vikas ka Itihas (बौद्ध धर्म के विकास का इतिहास)
- Apohasiddhi (अपोहसिद्धि)
- Nyayavindu (न्यायबिन्दु)
- Mulya Mimamsa (मूल्य मीमांसा) (2005)
- Vaidik Samskriti (वैदिक संस्कृति)
- Studies in the Origins of Buddhism
- The Meaning and Process of Culture
- Rigveda (ऋग्वेद) (2008) (Published by Lokbharti Booksellers and Distributors, Allahabad)