||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Written like travel guide. (September 2013)|
|• Revised Romanization||Goyang-si|
Location in South Korea
|Administrative divisions||3 gu, 35 dong|
|• Total||267.29 km2 (103.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,014.6/km2 (10,398/sq mi)|
Goyang city is located north of Seoul (the capital of South Korea), and the city can be easily accessed through Seoul Ring- Express and Jayuro Expressway within 20 minutes. The city has become an exemplary leader among other cities in South Korea, in areas such as regional economic vitalization, environmental friendly residential areas, and convenient transportation system.
The city is also home to the K League Challenge football team, Goyang Hi FC Challengers League football team Goyang Citizen and SSFL team Lokomotiv Goyang FC. As well as the Asia League Ice Hockey team High1.
Places to Visit
- Bukhansanseong Fortress
- Heungguksa Temple
- UNESCO World Heritage Seosamneung/ Seooreung Royal Tombs
- Haengjuseowon (Confucial Academy)
- Ilsan Bamgasi Choga (Straw- Roofed House)
- Goyang Aram Nuri Arts Center
- Goyang Oulim Nuri Arts Center
- Aerospace Museum
- Baedari Korean Traditional Wine Museum
- Theme Zoo Park "Zoo Zoo"
- Cultural Center and Museum of Latin America
- Nongshim Theme Park
Entertainment and Shopping
- MBC Dream Center
- SBS Broadcasting Center
- Western Dorm
- Lotte Department Store
- Hyundai Department Store
- New-Core Outlet
- Bukhan Mountain
- JeongBal Mountain
- Go Bong Mountain
- Lake Park
- Goyang Sports Complex
- Haengjusanseong Fortress Sun Rise Festival
On new year’s day each year, a splendid festival is thrown at Haengju Sanseong to welcome the new year’s day sunrise.
Time: 5:00-9:00 AM on new year’s day each year Place: at the top of the mountain where Haengju Sanseong sits
- The Great Battle of Haengju Festival
The event is held to commemorate an important victory in Korean history (14 March) at Haengju Sanseong. Elementary school kids and their parents from the neighborhood can watch memorial service for patriotic martyrs of the nation and learn about the history of Haengju Sanseong.
Time: 10 AM on 14 March each year Place: Chungjang Shrine at Haengju Sanseoeng
- Goyang International Flower Foundation
Floricultural industry sprang up in early 70’s fostering flower culture in Korea. Goyang became one of the most famous cities for its floricultural industry and its flower show grew into a horticultural event representing Korea and a venue for trading among participants at home and from abroad.
-Time: early April each year -Place: Areas surrounding Ilsan Lake Park
- Goyang Lake Art Festival
The event is free-style arts festival held at various locations around the Lake Park. Imagination and wits of artists getting out of the constraints imposed by stages fill the streets with vigor and romantic mood. Various performing arts including jazz, mime, dance, drama and installation arts decking out the venue with colorful decorations to add glamour, passionate performance by famous theatrical companies from around the world and fancy fireworks all let the cheerful spectators enjoy the excitement thrown by the festival.
Time: October each year Place: locations around the Lake Park
Goyang is served by a bike sharing system which stands at around 3,000.
Notable people from Goyang
- Kim Hyun Joo - Actress
- Song Ji Hyo - Actress
- Jang Mi-Ran - South Korean weightlifter
- Lee Jung Shin - Bassist of CN Blue
- Kang Min Hyuk - Drummer of CN Blue
- Yoon Doo-joon - Member of B2ST
- Junho - Member of 2PM
- Junsu - Member of JYJ
- Kwon Yuri - Member of the K-Pop girl group, Girls' Generation
- Eunhyuk - Member of Super Junior
- Sungmin - Member of Super Junior
- D.O - Member of EXO K
- Dasom - Member of Sistar
- Maui, Hawaii, United States
- Heerhugowaard, Netherlands
- Qiqihar, Heilongjiang, People's Republic of China
- San Bernardino, California, United States
- Atibaia, São Paulo, Brazil
- List of cities in South Korea
- Geography of South Korea
- Seoul National Capital Area
- Goyang Geumjeong Cave Massacre
- "국외 자매결연도시". Goyang City. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goyang.|