Graïke (Ancient Greek: Γραϊκή [ɡra.ikɛ̌ː]) was the name of a region near Oropus on the border of Boeotia and Attica that was a dependent of Athens during the Peloponnesian War.   Oropus was either located in or identical with the city Graia.  Graikos (Ancient Greek: Γραικός) may be interpreted "inhabitant of Graia. 
- Thucydides, Histories 2.23.3
- cf. Stephanus of Byzantium, Ethnica s.v. Oropus.
- Robin Lane Fox, Travelling Heroes: In the Epic Age of Homer (Random House, 2008: ISBN 0-679-44431-9), p. 161.
- John Nicolas Coldstream, Geometric Greece: 900-700 BC. Routledge, 2003, ISBN 0-415-29899-7, p. 403 (note 7).
- Online Etymology Dictionary.
|This Ancient Greece related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greece location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|