Grade I listed buildings in Torfaen
In the United Kingdom, the term listed building refers to a building or other structure officially designated as being of special architectural, historical, or cultural significance; Grade I structures are those considered to be "buildings of exceptional interest". Listing was begun by a provision in the Town and Country Planning Act 1947. Once listed, strict limitations are imposed on the modifications allowed to a building's structure or fittings. In Wales, the authority for listing under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 rests with Cadw.
|Name||Location||Date Listed||Grid Ref.[note 1]
|Function||Notes||HB No[note 2]||Image|
|Balance tower, Blaenavon Ironworks||Blaenavon||2 September 1995||SO2499709295
|Blast furnaces, Blaenavon Ironworks||Blaenavon||2 September 1995||SO2492809282
||Three extant furnaces and the remains of others, stand in a row on the north-west side of the furnace yard, behind the cast houses.||15294|
|Cast house and foundry, Blaenavon Ironworks||Blaenavon||2 September 1995||SO2493409265
- "Buildings & Conservation Areas". Cadw. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990". The National Archives. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- Listed buildings in Wales
- Grade I listed buildings in Monmouthshire
- Grade I listed buildings in Newport
- Grade I listed buildings in Caerphilly County Borough
- Grade II* listed buildings in Blaenau Gwent - there are currently no Grade I listed buildings in Blaenau Gwent
- Grade II* listed buildings in Torfaen
- Scheduled Monuments in Torfaen
Media related to Grade I listed buildings in Torfaen at Wikimedia Commons