From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Graded)
|Look up grade in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Grade may refer to:
- Grading (education), a teacher's evaluation of a student's performance in class.
- Grade level, Educational stage, the numbering of the year a student has reached in school.
- Grade (music), a method of formally assessing the accomplishments of pupils learning musical instruments.
In civil engineering, construction, and geosciences
- Grade (slope), the pitch of a slope such as a hill, road or railway.
- Grade level, the top of the ground.
- Land grading, the preparation and leveling of land for construction, especially of roads and railways.
- Grade separation, aligning a junction of two or more transport axes at different heights to facilitate traffic flow.
- Graded bedding, a description of the variation in grain size through a bed in a sedimentary rock.
- Graded poset, a partially ordered set equipped with a rank function, sometimes called a ranked poset
- Graded vector space, a vector space with an extra piece of structure
- Graded algebra, an algebra over a field (or ring) with an extra piece of structure
In measurement and quality control
- Grad (angle), also called grade, a unit for the measurement of plane angles
- Ore grade, a measure that describes the concentration of a valuable natural material in the surrounding ore
- Grade (fasteners), the grade of nuts and bolts refers to the strength and material
- Cetane rating, a measure of diesel fuel's combustion quality
- Octane rating, also called gasoline grade, the measure of the autoignition resistance of gasoline (petrol) and other fuels used in spark-ignition internal combustion engines
- Grading (tumors), a measure of the aggressiveness of a tumor in medicine
- Grade (climbing), a climber's assessment of the difficulty and danger of climbing a hill
- Grade (bouldering), a climber's assessment of the difficulty and danger of climbing a route which are distinct from those used in regular climbing
- International Scale of River Difficulty, also called grade, a standardized scale used to rate the safety of a stretch of river, or a single rapid.
- Grade of service, the quality of voice service in telecommunications
- Coin grading, the process of determining the grade or condition of a coin, the key factor in its value
- Pattern grading, the scaling of a pattern to a different size in the clothing or footwear industry
Employment or military ranks
- Grade, a title applied to the insignia worn as in a military organization. Soldiers, sailors and airmen can be the same grade; but no two individuals can have the same rank. The terms grade and rank are often confused. The term for a title related to insignia is grade not rank. Examples of grade are Private, Sergeant, Pertty Officer, Ensign, Captain, General, Admiral.
Examples of rank are first, second, etc. The term rank came from phrases such as I out-rank you, which is technically correct.
- Grade also mistakenly called 'military rank' as in the U S Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and/or Civil Air Patrol.
- Grade (consulting), a recognized professional level
- Grade, Cornwall, a village in the UK
- Grade (surname)
- Grade (band), a punk rock band
- Evolutionary grade, a paraphyletic group of organisms
- Grade, a former parish in Cornwall, now part of Grade-Ruan
- Grade, an alternate vowel sound within a word in apophony
- Color grading, a color balancing process used in video post-production
- Gradable and ungradable adjectives
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.