Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies
|The Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies University of California, San Diego|
|Motto||"Shaping the Pacific Century"|
|Location||La Jolla, California, United States|
|Affiliations||The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs|
The Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS), at the University of California, San Diego, is devoted to the study of international affairs, economics, and policy education. Its research and education focus is the Pacific Region. It stands as the only professional school of international affairs that is exclusively focused on Asia and the Americas.
IR/PS provides a unique resource for training leaders, creating ideas, and building networks for the Pacific Century. The curriculum blends a mix of three professional school traditions-schools of international relations, public policy, and management. Interdisciplinary yet integrated curricula prepare students to perform with distinction in senior policy positions in the public and non-profit sectors, as well as in the top management of multinational firms and financial institutions.
IR/PS is a full member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs. Foreign Policy magazine's 2012 Ivory Tower rankings of the top international affairs schools placed UCSD at 7th, 15th and 20th worldwide for its PhD, master's and bachelor's programs, respectively.
- Peter Gourevitch - Political Scientist and Professor Emeritus List of Guggenheim Fellowships awarded in 2005
- Lawrence B. Krause - International Economist and Professor Emeritus
- Barry Naughton - Professor of Chinese Economy; Sokwanlok Chair of Chinese International Affairs
- Ulrike Schaede - Professor of Japanese Business; Executive Director, Center on Emerging and Pacific Economies
- Susan Shirk - Ho Miu Lam Endowed Chair in China and Pacific Relations; Director of the Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation (IGCC); Chair, 21st Century China Program
- David G. Victor - Professor; Director, Laboratory on International Law and Regulation
- Japanese and International Economies
- Journal of East Asian Studies
- Journal of International Policy Solutions
- Thomson Reuters (August 2). "International Relations: High-Impact U.S. Institutions, 2004-08". Science Watch. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "TRIP Around the World: Teaching, Research, and Policy Views of International Relations Faculty in 20 Countries". Institute for the Theory and Practice of International Relations. College of William & Mary. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
“Dean Peter Cowhey Reappointed to Five-Year Term” July 31, 2013, IR/PS News. Read more about Dean Peter Cowhey and his continued success at IR/PS.
“IR/PS Celebrates Its Largest Graduating Class Since 1989” June, 24 2013, IR/PS News. Read about the commencement activities on June 14 and 16.
"Ten Hellman Faculty Fellows Named for 2013-2014" May 23, 2013, UC San Diego News. Read about IR/PS Faculty Members Jesse Driscoll and Gordon McCord who were awarded fellowships.
- School of International Relations and Pacific Studies
- Center for US-Mexican Studies
- 21st Century China Program
- Fudan-UC Center
- Center on Emerging and Pacific Economies
- International Law and Regulation
- Policy Design and Evaluation Lab
- Korea Pacific Program (KPP)
- Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation (IGCC)
- Institute for International, Comparative, and Area Studies
- Information Storage Industry Center
- Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs