Graeme Harper (writer)
Graeme (Eric) Harper is an internationally published fiction writer, scriptwriter, professor and cultural critic, who writes under his own name and under the pseudonym Brooke Biaz.  To date, he has published more than 20 books and over 140 articles and chapters. His awards include the Australian National Book Council Award (for New Fiction) and the Premier’s Award, among others, and scholarships and fellowships from the ORS, The British Academy, AHRC, BBC, Emory University, the University of Texas Medical Branch and the College of Physicians of Philadelphia
He is founding Editor-in-Chief of the journal New Writing: the International Journal for the Practice and Theory of Creative Writing, Co-Editor (with O. Evans) of the journal Studies in European Cinema and Associate Editor of the Creative Industries Journal. As creative writer and as cultural critic, he is a regular international reader/speaker.
Professor Graeme Harper BA MLitt DCA PhD FRGS FRSA FAIM is the Dean of the Honors College at Oakland University where he directs the Michigan Center for Undergraduate Research (MCUR) and the Center for Undergraduate Research Leadership (CURL).
National Institute for Excellence in the Creative Industries at Bangor University/University of Wales, Bangor (UK). He has also been an Honorary Visiting Professor at a number of universities in the USA and Australia, and is currently Honorary Research Professor at the University of Bedfordshire (UK). He is a Panel Member of Great Britain's Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC). He holds dual British and Australian citizenship. He is an elected Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (RGS), the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA) and the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM). He is a former member of the European Commission Culture and Education Directorate Panel of Experts, and currently serves as the Dean of The Honors College at Oakland University in Michigan (USA).
- 2009: Camera Phone. ISBN 9781602351622
- 2008: Moon Dance. ISBN 9781602350434
- 2005: Small Maps of the World. ISBN 9781932559569
- 1988: Black Cat, Green Field. ISBN 9780947189143
- 2012: Research Methods in Creative Writing. (With Jeri Kroll) ISBN 9780230242661
- 2011: Creative Writing Studies: Practice, Research and Pedagogy. (With Jeri Kroll) ISBN 9781847690203
- 2011: Cinema and Landscape: Film, Nation and Cultural Geography. (With Jonathan Rayner) ISBN 9781841503097
- 2010: On Creative Writing (New Writing Viewpoints). ISBN 9781847692573
- 2009: Authors at Work: the Creative Environment (Essays and Studies). (With Ceri Sullivan) ISBN 9781843841951
- 2009: Sound and Music in Film and Visual Media: A Critical Overview. (With Ruth Doughty and Jochen Eisentraut) ISBN 9780826458247
- 2008: Creative Writing Guidebook. ISBN 9780826494283
- 2006: The Unsilvered Screen: Surrealism on Film. ISBN 9781904764878
- 2006: Teaching Creative Writing. ISBN 9780826477279
- 2005: Signs of Life: Medicine and Cinema. ISBN 9781904764168
- 2002: Comedy Fantasy and Colonialism. ISBN 9780826448668
- 2001: Colonial and Postcolonial Incarceration. ISBN 9780826449184
As Director of the National Institute he campaigns for the development of creative practice-led research, especially in Creative Writing, and for acknowledging the critical understanding contained in creative practice. He is a strong supporter of creativity in university education, and was founding Director of the UK's Creative Campus campaign (2003-) and is current Chair of the worldwide "Creative Universities"  initiative.
- Arnold, John; John A. Hay, Sally Batten (2001). The Bibliography of Australian Literature. Queensland, Australia: University of Queensland Press. p. 353. ISBN 0702235008, 9780702235009 Check
- "Amazon Author Page". www.amazon.com. Retrieved Oct. 27, 2013.
- "Amazon Author Page for Brook Biaz (Pseudonym)". www.amazon.com. Retrieved Oct. 27, 2013.
- "The Writers of Wales Database". Cyngor Celfyddydau Cymru, Arts Council of Wales. Retrieved Oct. 27, 2013.
- Dean Graeme Harper: Biography. The Honors College: Oakland University. http://www.oakland.edu/?id=21861&sid=226
- Harper, Graeme. New Writing: the International Journal for the Practice and Theory of Creative Writing. Routledge.
- Evans, O. and Harper, Graeme. Studies in European Cinema. Intellect Ltd.