|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Genres||Indie pop, Alternative rock, folk, soul, blues|
|Labels||NWFree Music, Capitol|
Graffiti6 is a collaboration founded in London in 2009. Made up of Jamie Scott (songwriter and lead vocals) and Tommy "D" Danvers (producer and songwriter). Graffiti6 are known for their "Gnarls Barkley-esque blend of characterful voice and crisp, intricate groove created from an infectious alliance of electric piano and offbeat guitar".
Singer/songwriter Jamie Scott and producer/songwriter Tommy D started collaborating in 2008. Both London-based multi-instrumentalists, they began making music together in 2009 under the name Graffiti6. Initially, Scott was considering working with a producer to repackage a solo album, when an A&R executive at Polydor suggested he meet Danvers. Scott introduced Danvers to "an idea...for a folk thing", which would later become the track "Stare Into the Sun", their first collaboration. The track, first done on acoustic guitar, was developed further by Danvers. It was submitted to The Sun newspaper and was chosen as the soundtrack for a TV ad campaign for the newspaper.
Rather than repackage Scott's solo album and have Danvers produce it, the two decided to start writing original material together. The exposure that the duo received through The Sun campaign encouraged them to write and record more material – including "Annie You Save Me", "Free", and "Stone In My Heart" – in addition to some covers.
They decided to put out their own music on their own label. "Stone In My Heart", an EP containing 4 tracks, was released in March 2010 and "Annie You Save Me" was released as a single in July 2010.
The duo released their debut album Colours on their own NWFree Music label in the United Kingdom in October 2010. After signing to Capitol Records in April 2011, a version was released in the United States on January 24, 2012.
Graffiti6 was named New Band of the Day at The Guardian newspaper (UK) and an Artist to Watch at LP33. Their songs have already been used on such shows as Grey's Anatomy, Covert Affairs, CSI: NY, One Tree Hill, VH1's Basketball Wives, VH1's Football Wives, Suits, Free Agents, The Secret Circle, the football (soccer) video game FIFA 12 and the rallying video game Dirt 3.  They were nominated the week of November 1, 2010, for mtvU's The Freshman title. They have been made MTV's Push Artists and Ones to Watch in 2011 by MTV and The New York Post.
Graffiti6's track "Free" was chosen as iTunes Single of the Week. In March 2012, VH1 picked them for their You Oughta Know Artist on the Rise and VEVO picked them as Lift Artist for April and May 2012. They have also performed internationally at the Summer Well festival in Buftea, Romania. The band was scheduled to perform at the Osheaga Festival in Montreal on August 3, 2012 but dropped out,
A new song titled "Beside You" has been released on Youtube.com It was released on October 28, 2013.
- Jamie Scott - vocals, guitar, keyboards
- TommyD - guitar, vocals
- Pete Cherry - bass, vocals
- Leonn Meade - drums
- Joe Glossop - keyboards
The British artist and illustrator, Jimi Crayon, designs all of Graffiti6's artwork and is responsible for their bold logo and Technicolor visuals.
- 2010: Stone in My Heart (NWFree Music)
(All songs by Jamie Scott & Tommy D)
- "Stone In My Heart" (3:13)
- "Stop Mary" (3:49)
- "Foxes" (6:29)
- "Starlight" (3:31)
|2009||"Stare Into the Sun"||16
|2010||"Annie You Save Me"||–||–||–||–|
- "Popped Music - Graffiti 6 reviews and news". Web.archive.org. 2010-08-11. Archived from the original on 2010-08-11. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "About". Graffiti6.com. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Andy Gill (2010-09-24). "Gill, Andy, The Independent, 'Album: Graffiti, 6 Colours, N W Free Music'". Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Arjanwrites music blog - Watch Graffiti 6 "Starlight" (acoustic version)". Arjanwrites.com. 2010-04-28. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Wood, Beci (August 14, 2009). "THE SUN UK". The Sun (London).
- "Graffiti6 on "Colours" and Conquering America - Celebrity Circuit". CBS News. 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "‘Colours’ available in the U.S. on iTunes today!". Graffiti6.com. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Lester, Paul (2010-07-07). "The Guardian". London.
- [dead link]
- ""DiRT 3 Soundtrack Revealed"". ggsgamer.com. 2011-05-17. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- ""MTVU / The Freshman" November 1, 2010". Mtvu.com. 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- aCharts.us: Graffiti6 page
- DanishCharts.com: Graffiti6 page
- LesCharts.com: Graffiti6 page (French SNEP charts