|Institutions||London School of Economics|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Doctoral advisor||Béla Bollobás|
|Doctoral students||Peter Allen
|Known for||Discrete Mathematics|
He has published nearly 100 papers in pure mathematics, including over a dozen with Béla Bollobás. His research interests include random combinatorial structures; partially ordered sets; algorithms; random graphs; discrete mathematics and graph theory.
Professor Brightwell started playing Othello in 1985, after finding himself sharing an apartment with Imre Leader. He has finished 3 times as runner-up in the World Othello Championship and is a 5-time British Champion, and has served as chairman of the British Othello Federation and as editor of the British Othello Newsletter.
He is currently a Professor at the London School of Economics.
- "math genealogy". Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "recent ACM Publications". Association for Computing Machinery. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "University of London – LSE page". London School of Economics. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "recent Publications". University of Trier. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "recent Springer Publications". Springer Science+Business Media. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Shifman, Leonid (c. 2000), Interview with Graham Brightwell, retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "World Othello Championships". World Othello Federation. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "British Othello Federation". British Othello Federation. Retrieved November 12, 2011.