From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gram or Gram in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gram is a unit of measurement of mass.
Gram may also refer to:
- Gram (Denmark), a town
- Gram municipality, a municipality in Denmark
- Grand Rapids Art Museum (popularly known by its acronym GRAM), an art museum in Michigan
- Hans Gram (1754-1804), Danish-American musician
- Zénobe Gramme (1826–1901), Belgian electrical engineer
- Jørgen Pedersen Gram (1850–1916), Danish mathematician and actuary
- Hans Christian Gram (1853–1938), Danish scientist who invented Gram staining
- Peder Gram (1881–1956), Danish composer and organist
- Jason Gram (born 1984), Australian rules footballer
- Gram Parsons (1946–1973), American singer and musician
- Abbreviation for grandmother
Mythology and fiction
- Gram (mythology), a sword in Norse mythology
- Gram of Denmark, a legendary Danish king
- Gram (Middle-earth), a King of Rohan from J. R. R. Tolkien's fiction
- Mount Gram (Middle-earth), a fictional place in Tolkien's writings
- Grams: Penny Halliwell, grandmother of the Charmed Ones on the WB television series Charmed
- The name given to the lance of Gallantmon
Science and technology
- Gram staining, a method of distinguishing bacteria
- GRAM domain, a domain found in some membrane-associated proteins
- Grid Resource Allocation Manager, a component of the Globus Toolkit in grid computing
- Gramian matrix, used in mathematics to test for linear independence of functions
- GRAM, Graphic (GPL) Random Access Memory, used in the TI-99/4A
- Gram, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hewlett Packard, based on their acquisition of Palm, Inc.
Agriculture and horticulture
- Gram, sometimes used to refer to chickpeas and other pulses
- It may also refer to a lentil
- Gram, the abbreviation for the orchid genus Grammatophyllum
- Gram panchayat, a local government division in India.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.