Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media
|Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media|
Gilded gramophone trophy presented to Grammy Award winners
|Awarded for||quality compilation soundtrack albums|
|Presented by||National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences|
The Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media has been awarded since 2000. In 2000 the award was presented as the Grammy Award for Best Soundtrack Album, and from 2001-2011 as Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for Motion Pictures, Television or Other Visual Media.
From 2012, the category was known as Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media.
Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were presented, for music released in the previous year. The award is presented to the artist or artists of a majority of tracks and/or the producer or producers of a majority of tracks on the album. In the absence of either, then the award goes to the individual(s) actively responsible for the musical direction of the album.
- 42nd Grammy Awards
- Tarzan - Phil Collins (artist); Mark Mancina (album producer)
- 43rd Grammy Awards
- Almost Famous - Cameron Crowe (producer); Danny Bramson (producer)
- 44th Grammy Awards
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? - T-Bone Burnett (compilation producer); Mike Piersante (engineer); Peter F. Kurland (engineer)
- 45th Grammy Awards
- Standing in the Shadows of Motown - The Funk Brothers (artists); Alan Slutsky (compilation producer); Harry Weinger (compilation producer); Ted Greenberg (compilation producer/engineer/mixer); Kooster McAlister (engineer/mixer)
- 46th Grammy Awards
- Chicago - "Various artists"; Randy Spendlove (compilation producer); Ric Wake (compilation producer); Joel Moss (engineer/mixer); Dan Hetzel (engineer/mixer)
- 47th Grammy Awards
- Garden State - Zach Braff (compilation producer)
- Cold Mountain - "Various artists"; T-Bone Burnett (compilation producer)
- De-Lovely - "Various artists"; Peter Asher (compilation producer); Stephen Endelman (compilation producer)
- Kill Bill Volume 2 - "Various artists"; Quentin Tarantino (compilation producer)
- Shrek 2 - "Various artists"; Andrew Adamson (compilation producer); Christopher Douridas (compilation producer); Michael Ostin (compilation producer)
- 48th Grammy Awards'
- Ray - James Austin (compilation producer); Stuart Benjamin (compilation producer); Taylor Hackford (compilation producer)
- Six Feet Under - "Various artists"; Gary Calamar (producer); Thomas Golubic (producer); Errol Kolosine (producer) - For Volume 2 - Everything Ends
- Beyond the Sea - Kevin Spacey; Phil Ramone (producer)
- Napoleon Dynamite - "Various artists"; Brian McNelis (producer); Skip Williamson (producer)
- No Direction Home - Bob Dylan; Steve Berkowitz (producer); Bruce Dickinson (producer); Jeff Rosen (producer) - For The Soundtrack - Bootleg Series, Vol. 7
- 49th Grammy Awards
- Walk the Line - Joaquin Phoenix; T-Bone Burnett (producer)
- "Grey's Anatomy" - "Various artists"; Mitchell Leib (producer); Alexandra Patsavas (producer) - For "Volume 2"
- Brokeback Mountain - "Various artists"; Gustavo Santaolalla (producer)
- Cars - "Various artists"; Chris Montan (producer); Randy Newman (producer)
- Little Miss Sunshine - DeVotchKa; "Various artists"; Mychael Danna (producer)
- 50th Grammy Awards
- Love - The Beatles (artists); George Martin (producer); Giles Martin (producer)
- Across the Universe - "Various artists"; T-Bone Burnett (producer); Elliot Goldenthal (producer); Matthias Gohl (producer)
- Dreamgirls - Beyoncé Knowles (artist); Jennifer Hudson (artist); Anika Noni Rose (artist); Harvey Mason, Jr. (producer); Randy Spendlove (producer); Matthew Rush Sullivan (producer); Damon Thomas (producer)
- Hairspray - "Various artists"; Marc Shaiman (producer)
- Once - Glen Hansard (artist/producer); Markéta Irglová (artist)
- 51st Grammy Awards
- Juno - Various artists; Jason Reitman, Margaret Yen & Peter Afterman, producers.
- 52nd Grammy Awards
- Slumdog Millionaire (soundtrack) - Various artists; A.R. Rahman, producer.
- 53rd Grammy Awards
- Crazy Heart (soundtrack) - Various artists; Stephen Bruton & T Bone Burnett, producers.
- 54th Grammy Awards
- Boardwalk Empire Volume 1: Music from the HBO Original Series - (Various Artists) - Stewart Lerman, Randall Poster and Kevin Weaver, producers.
- 55th Grammy Awards
- Midnight in Paris - Various artists; Woody Allen, producer.
- The Descendants - Various Artists - Dondi Bastone & Alexander Payne, producers
- Marley - Bob Marley & The Wailers - Chris Blackwell & Barry Cole, producers
- Midnight in Paris - Various Artists
- The Muppets - Various Artists - Kaylin Frank & Mitchell Leib, producers
- Rock of Ages - Various Artists - Adam Anders & Peer Astrom, producers
- 56th Grammy Awards
- Winner TBA on 26 January 2014
- Academy Award for Best Original Score
- Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media
- Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score
- BAFTA Award for Best Film Music