Grand Alliance for National Unity
|Grand Alliance for National Unity|
|Founded||16 January 2010|
|Headquarters||6a y 10a Calle Poniente, San Salvador, El Salvador|
|Politics of El Salvador
Grand Alliance for National Unity (Spanish: Gran Alianza por la Unidad Nacional or GANA) is a political party in El Salvador. The party established itself on 16 January 2010 and was recognized by the Supreme Electoral Court of El Salvador on 19 May of the same year. GANA is a conservative and right-wing party. Nevertheless, it forms a parliamentary coalition with the ruling leftist Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN).
The majority of party members came from the ARENA. Originally the defection from ARENA included 12 deputies in the Legislative Assembly, but this number has grown to 16. GANA ranks third in seats in the assembly with 11, after the FMLN's 31 and the ARENA's remaining 28.
- "GANA:a la derecha del FMLN, a la izquierda de ARENA", ContraPunto, 5 February 2014
- "Gana firma acta de constitución como instituto político". El Diario de Hoy. 16 January 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "TSE avala a GANA como nuevo partido político". El Diario de Hoy. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "El Salvador leader dealt setback in legislative vote", The West, 12 March 2012
- Renteria, Nelson (12 March 2012), Ruling leftists suffer setback in El Salvador vote, Reuters
- "Representantes por Grupo Parlamentario". Asamblea Legislativa de El Salvador. Retrieved 26 January 2012.