Grand Blanc Community High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
|School||Grand Blanc Community High School|
|Conference||Big Nine Conference (1960-2009)|
|Kensington Lakes Activities Association||West|
|Athletic director||Andy Piazza|
|Location||Grand Blanc, Michigan, US|
|Varsity teams||Football, Tennis, Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, Golf, Cross Country, Bowling, Pom Pon, Basketball, Lacrosse, Rugby, Hockey, Cheerleading, Baseball, Skiing, Marching Band|
|Football stadium||Frank Thomas Field|
|Basketball arena||Tartoni Athletic Center|
|Fight song||Onward to Victory|
|Website||Grand Blanc High School|
Grand Blanc Community High School (usually referred to as Grand Blanc High School or abbreviated as GBHS) is a public high school in Grand Blanc, Michigan, a suburb of Flint, Michigan, in the United States. It is managed by Grand Blanc Community Schools.
GBHS offers four world language courses: French, Chinese, German, and Spanish. They also offer multiple art classes, such as Textiles, Studio Art, Digital Media, Pottery, and Ceramics, as well as Drama and Music. Many skill building classes are also offered, including Woodworking, Computer Science, and Drafting.
The high school offers Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs to students in grades 10-12th. Automotive Technology, Child Psychology, Medical Occupations, Pre-Engineering, Industrial Arts and Technology, and a FIRST Robotics team are just a few that are offered. Some of the courses allow students to earn college credit while still in school.
Most teams participate in the Kensington Lakes Activities Association.
The football/track stadium at Grand Blanc Community High School, Frank Thomas Field was built in 1997 and is the third-largest stadium in Genesee County, behind Atwood and Guy V. Houston Stadiums, both in Flint, Michigan. The Bobcats football and track teams previously played at Batchelor Field, still home to Bobcats soccer. The baseball team plays at Joe Pitock Field. In 2006, Tartoni Athletic Center opened as home to the Bobcats basketball teams.
- Andrew Caldwell - Actor best known for roles in Hannah Montana, Shredderman Rules, and College
- Geena Gall - Olympic mid-distance runner, a ten time NCAA All-American, holds numerous records, at GBHS she was a three time national champion
- Jay Meetze - Conductor and founder of Opera Company of Brooklyn
- Evan Peters - Actor best known for his roles in American Horror Story, American Horror Story: Asylum, and X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Rob Paulsen - Actor and voice-over artist best known for Animaniacs and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Mark Ingram, Jr. - running back for the New Orleans Saints played for the Bobcats in his freshman, sophomore, and junior years before transferring to Flint Southwestern Academy.
- Grand Blanc to leave Big Nine Conference for Kensington Lakes league next fall
- High School Courses
- Career & Technical Education
- Athletic Forms & Teams
- Grand Blanc-bred actor goes to "College"
- Geena Gall's Olympic run brought pride, excitement to hometown of Grand Blanc
- Young Grand Blanc Township actor Evan Peters finds full-time acting work
- 4 o'clock fodder: Mark Ingram's hometown wants to permanently honor Alabama RB