Grand Imperial Hotel
|Grand Imperial Hotel|
|Location||Speke Road, Kampala, Uganda|
|Number of rooms||103|
The hotel is located on Speke Road, on Nakasero Hill, in the heart of Kampala's central business district. Adjacent landmarks include the East African Development Bank, the Bank of Uganda, Kampala Sheraton Hotel and the Ugandan headquarters of Standard Chartered Bank. The coordinates of the hotel are:0°18'54.0"N, 32°34'51.0"E (Latitude:0.315000; Longitude:32.580883).
It was one of the first hotels to be built in colonial Uganda in the early 20th Century. It has a total of 103 rooms, a swimming pool, two restaurants (Didi's Dining Room) & (The Coffee Terrace), two bars (Cooper's Bar) & (The African Bar), a shopping arcade (Grand Imperial Shopping Arcade) and a gymnasium.
On 11 June 2014, following the caving-in of the floor in Didi's Dining Room, officials from Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), sealed off sealed off a section of Grand Imperial Hotel, while the floor collapse is being investigated.
- Google, . "Location of Grand Imperial Hotel At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- UHOA, . "Kampala Hotels: Grand Imperial Hotel". Uganda Hotel Owners' Association (UHOA). Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Okuda, Ivan (11 June 2014). "Section of Grand Imperial Hotel Collapses". Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Mukisa, Farahani (10 June 2014). "One Arrested As KCCA Closes Grand Imperial Hotel". Daily Daily.
- Tebajjukira, Madinah (13 December 2009). "Uganda: Karim's Hotel Equatorial Becomes Mall". New Vision via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.