Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
|Grand Rapids Theological Seminary|
|Location||Grand Rapids, MI, USA|
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary (GRTS) of Cornerstone University  is a multidenominational evangelical Christian seminary located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. GRTS is an accredited member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and is authorized by the Michigan State Board of Education to grant advanced theological degrees.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary had its beginnings as an evening Bible institute at Wealthy Street Baptist Church in 1941. The Bible institute became a degree granting institution in 1963 and moved to its present location in 1964. The institution became a Christian liberal arts college in 1972 and became a state-approved university in 1999. Today Cornerstone University and Grand Rapids Theological Seminary share a 123-acre (0.50 km2) campus four miles (6 km) east of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. The campus currently supports the undergraduate college, with programs for traditional students as well as accelerated degree programs, graduate programs including Grand Rapids Theological Seminary and Asia Baptist Theological Seminary based in Thailand, and Cornerstone University Radio (WCSG and Mission Network News).
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary exists primarily to advance biblical knowledge and ministry skill, to encourage the development of critical thinking and worldview formation, to nurture a global ministry perspective, and to enhance culturally relevant ministry.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary offers a Master of Divinity degree, along with 8 Master of Arts programs, and 2 Master of Theology programs in residence.
|Master of Divinity (M.Div.)||Master of Arts||Master of Theology (Th.M.)|
- Byard J. Bennett, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D (Historical Theology)
- Timothy G. Gombis, B.S., M.Div, Th.M, Ph.D (New Testament)
- Jonathan S. Greer, B.A., M.A., M.A., Ph.D. (Old Testament)
- John W. Hilber, B.S., Th.M., Ph.D.,(Hebrew Language & Exegesis)
- Robert D. Lehman, B.A., M.Div., M.A., Ph.D, LPC (Counseling)
- Catherine Mueller-Bell, B.S., M.A., Ph.D. (ABD) LPC (Counseling)
- Peter G. Osborn, B.S., M.A., Ph.D (Christian Ministries)
- David L. Turner, B.A., M.Div., Th.M., M.Phil., Th.D., Ph.D. (Greek Language & Exegesis)
- John F. VerBerkmoes, B.R.E., M.T.S, Ph.D. (Vice President and Academic Dean)
- Michael E. Wittmer, B.A., M.Div., Th.M., Ph.D.  (Systematic Theology)
- Steven C. Argue, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D. (Program) Adjunct Professor of Youth Ministries
- Linda Belleville, B.M., M.A., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of New Testament
- Philip Bustrum, B.A., M.S., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Educational Ministries
- Don Denyes, B.A., M.A., D.Min. Adjunct Professor of Pastoral Ministries
- Douglas Fagerstrom, B.A., M.A., D.Min. Adjunct Professor of Church Planting
- Stan Gundry, B.A., B.D., S.T.M., S.T.D Adjunct Professor of Historical Theology
- Linda Haveman, B.S., M.Ed, M.A., Ph.D Adjunct Professor of Counseling
- Gary A. Heim, B.A., M.A. Adjunct Professor of Educational Ministries
- Lisa Heim, B.A., M.A. Adjunct Professor of Educational Ministries
- Thomas Hutchison, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Educational Ministries
- Brenda King, B.A., M.R.E., M.A., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Social Science Research
- David A. Livermore, B.A., B.A., M.A., M.T.S, Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Intercultural Ministries
- Gary T. Meadors, Th.B., M.Div., Th.M., Th.D Adjunct Professor of New Testament
- F. Scott Reyburn, B.A., M.S.W., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Counseling Ministries
- William J. Rudd, B.A., M.Div., D.Min. Adjunct Professor of Pastoral Ministries
- Andrew Smith, B.A., M.Div., M.A. Adjunct Professor of New Testament
- Reginald Smith, B.A., M.Div., D.Min Adjunct Professor of Intercultural Ministries
- David W. Stoner, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Intercultural Ministries
- Fred Sweet, B.A., M.Div., Th.M., MLIS, D.Min. Adjunct Professor of Theological Research
- David B. Kennedy, B.A., Th.M Adjunct Professor of Old Testament
- Wendy Widder, B.A, M.Div, M.A, Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Old Testament
- John I. Lawlor, B.A., B.D., Th.M., M.Phil., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Old Testament
- Timothy Gombis, The Drama of Ephesians: Participating in the triumph of God. IVP Academic, 2010.
- Timothy Gombis, Paul: A guide for the perplexed. T&T Clark, 2010.
- John Hilber, Psalms. Zondervan, 2013.
- David Turner, Matthew. Baker Academic, 2008.
- David Turner, Matthew, Mark. Tyndale House, 2006.
- Michael Wittmer, Heaven is a place on earth: Why everything you do matters to God. Zondervan, 2004.
- Michael Wittmer, Don't stop believing: Why living like Jesus is not enough. Zondervan, 2008.
- Michael Wittmer, The last enemy: Preparing to win the fight of your life. Discovery House, 2012.
- Michael Wittmer, Despite doubt: Embracing a confident faith. Discovery House, 2013.