Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
|Grand Rapids Theological Seminary|
|Location||Grand Rapids, MI, USA|
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary (GRTS) of Cornerstone University  is a multidenominational evangelical Christian seminary located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. GRTS is an accredited member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and is authorized by the Michigan State Board of Education to grant advanced theological degrees.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary had its beginnings as an evening Bible institute at Wealthy Street Baptist Church in 1941. The Bible institute became a degree granting institution in 1963 and moved to its present location in 1964. The institution became a Christian liberal arts college in 1972 and became a state-approved university in 1999. Today Cornerstone University and Grand Rapids Theological Seminary share a 123-acre (0.50 km2) campus four miles (6 km) east of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. The campus currently supports the undergraduate college, with programs for traditional students as well as accelerated degree programs, graduate programs including Grand Rapids Theological Seminary and Asia Baptist Theological Seminary based in Thailand, and Cornerstone University Radio (WCSG and Mission Network News).
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary exists primarily to advance biblical knowledge and ministry skill, to encourage the development of critical thinking and worldview formation, to nurture a global ministry perspective, and to enhance culturally relevant ministry.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary offers a Master of Divinity degree, along with 6 Master of Arts programs, and 2 Master of Theology programs in residence.
|Master of Divinity (M.Div.)||Master of Arts||Master of Theology (Th.M.)|
- Byard J. Bennett, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D. (Historical Theology)
- Philip A. Bustrum, B.A., M.S., Ph.D. (Intercultural Studies)
- John H. Duff, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (ABD) (Historical & Systematic Theology)
- Royce A. Evans, B.A., M.A., D.Min. (Pastoral Ministry)
- Timothy G. Gombis, B.S., M.Div, Th.M, Ph.D. (New Testament)
- Jonathan S. Greer, B.A., M.A., M.A., Ph.D. (Old Testament)
- John W. Hilber, B.S., Th.M., Ph.D.(Hebrew Language & Exegesis)
- Robert D. Lehman, B.A., M.Div., M.A., Ph.D., LPC (Counseling)
- Jonathan S. Marko, B.S., M.Div., Ph.D. (Philosophical & Systematic Theology)
- Catherine Mueller-Bell, B.S., M.A., Ph.D., LPC (Counseling)
- Peter G. Osborn, B.S., M.A., Ph.D. (Christian Ministries)
- David L. Turner, B.A., M.Div., Th.M., M.Phil., Th.D., Ph.D. (Greek Language & Exegesis)
- John F. VerBerkmoes, B.R.E., M.T.S, Ph.D. (Vice President and Academic Dean)
- Michael E. Wittmer, B.A., M.Div., Th.M., Ph.D.  (Systematic & Historical Theology)
- Steven C. Argue, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D. (Program) Adjunct Professor of Youth Ministries
- Linda Belleville, B.M., M.A., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of New Testament
- Sharon Brown, B.A., M.Div. Adjunct Professor of Christian Formation
- Don Denyes, B.A., M.A., D.Min. Adjunct Professor of Pastoral Ministries
- Stephen Grabill, B.A., M.T.S., Th.M., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Systematic Theology
- Jennifer Greer, B.A, M.Div. Adjunct Professor of Bible
- Stan Gundry, B.A., B.D., S.T.M., S.T.D Adjunct Professor of Historical Theology
- Linda Haveman, B.S., M.Ed, M.A., M.B.A., Ph.D Adjunct Professor of Counseling
- Gary A. Heim, B.A., M.A. Adjunct Professor of Christian Formation
- Lisa Heim, B.A., M.A. Adjunct Professor of Christian Formation
- Thomas Hutchison, B.A., M.Div., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Educational Ministries
- Judith Kuiper, B.A., M.Div., M.A., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Counseling
- David A. Livermore, B.A., B.A., M.A., M.T.S, Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Intercultural Ministries
- Sandra Upton, B.S., M.A, D.S.L. Adjunct Professor of Global Leadership & Intercultural Ministries
- Gary T. Meadors, Th.B., M.Div., Th.M., Th.D Adjunct Professor of New Testament
- Elizabeth Shelley, B.A., M.A. Adjunct Professor of Theological Research & Writing
- Reginald Smith, B.A., M.Div., D.Min Adjunct Professor of Intercultural Ministries
- Fred Sweet, B.A., M.Div., Th.M., MLIS, D.Min. Adjunct Professor of Theological Research
- David B. Kennedy, B.A., Th.M Adjunct Professor of Old Testament
- Wendy Widder, B.A, M.Div, M.A, Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Old Testament
- John I. Lawlor, B.A., B.D., Th.M., M.Phil., Ph.D. Adjunct Professor of Old Testament
- Timothy Gombis, The Drama of Ephesians: Participating in the triumph of God. IVP Academic, 2010.
- Timothy Gombis, Paul: A guide for the perplexed. T&T Clark, 2010.
- Jonathan Greer, Dinner at Dan: Biblical & archaeological evidence for sacred feasts at Iron Age II Tel Dan and their significance. Brill, 2013.
- John Hilber, Psalms. Zondervan, 2013.
- David Turner, Matthew. Baker Academic, 2008.
- David Turner, Matthew, Mark. Tyndale House, 2006.
- Michael Wittmer, Heaven is a place on earth: Why everything you do matters to God. Zondervan, 2004.
- Michael Wittmer, Don't stop believing: Why living like Jesus is not enough. Zondervan, 2008.
- Michael Wittmer, The last enemy: Preparing to win the fight of your life. Discovery House, 2012.
- Michael Wittmer, Despite doubt: Embracing a confident faith. Discovery House, 2013.