|• Density||2,190/km2 (5,670/sq mi)|
|Area||1.9 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Location||7 km (4 mi) from Brisbane CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane|
|State electorate(s)||Ashgrove, Brisbane Central|
Grange is an inner-northern suburb of Brisbane, capital of the Australian state of Queensland. It is located 5 kilometres (3 mi) north of the central business district, on the southern side of Kedron Brook.
Prior to the arrival of European settlers, the Grange area consisted of areas of open grassland and thinly wooded plains. Urban development of the area commenced in 1903 with the subdivision of T. K. Peate's property into "the Grange Estate". The name of the suburb is derived from that of Peate's property: "Grange" is believed to be an Old English word meaning granary.
Many houses in the suburb are of the Queenslander architectural style.The houses are rather exquisite and cost a lot of money because of their magnificent views of Brisbane city.
In the 2011 Census the population of Grange is 4,163, 51.7% female and 48.3% male.
The median/average age of the Grange population is 36 years of age, 1 year below the Australian average.
78.9% of people living in Grange were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 4.3%, New Zealand 3.4%, Italy 0.9%, Scotland 0.7%, United States of America 0.7%.
90.4% of people speak English as their first language 1.3% Italian, 0.6% Mandarin, 0.5% German, 0.5% French, 0.3% Hindi.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Grange, Qld (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Suburb Profile: Grange Jenkins, L. 2000, BRISbites - Suburban Sites. Retrieved 17 September 2006.
- Place Names Search: Grange Accessed 17 September 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Grange, Queensland.|
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Grange
- "Grange". BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008.
- "Grange". Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 5 April 2008.
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|