|Look up granger in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Granger is a surname of English and French origin. It is an occupational name for a farm bailiff. The farm bailiff oversaw the collection of rent and taxes from the barns and storehouses of the lord of the manor. This officer's Anglo-Norman title was grainger, and Old French grangier, which are both derived from the Late Latin granicarius (a derivative of granica, meaning "granary").
People surnamed Granger
- Amos P. Granger, U.S. Representative from New York
- Ann Granger, British author
- Betty Granger, Canadian education figure
- Bill Granger, Australian chef
- Bradley F. Granger, U.S. Representative from Michigan
- Charles Granger, Newfoundland politician.
- Charles Henry Granger (1812–1893), U.S. artist
- Clive Granger, British economist
- Daniel L. D. Granger, U.S. Representative from Rhode Island
- Danny Granger, U.S. professional basketball player
- David Granger (disambiguation)
- Dorothy Granger, U.S. actress
- Farley Granger, U.S. actor
- Francis Granger, U.S. Representative from New York
- Gaskynd Granger, Caribbean labor figure
- Geddes Granger, Trinidad and Tobago politician
- Gideon Granger, U.S. politician, lawyer
- Gilles-Gaston Granger, French philosopher
- Gordon Granger, U.S. soldier during the Civil War
- Hoyle Granger, U.S. football player
- James Granger, British author
- Jean-Pierre Granger, French painter
- Jeff Granger, U.S. baseball player
- John Granger, U.S. author
- Kay Granger, U.S. Representative from Texas
- Keith Granger, English Footballer
- Kenneth Granger, New Zealand rugby player
- Lester Granger, U.S. civic leader
- Mick Granger (born 1931), English professional footballer
- Miles T. Granger, U.S. Representative from Connecticut
- Nick Granger, Australian cricketer
- Oliver Granger, U.S. Latter Day Saint figure
- Robert S. Granger, (1816–1894), U.S. Army officer
- Scotty Granger, singer, songwriter, music producer appearing in TV series The One: Making a Music Star and in 2011 in Platinum Hit coming 3rd
- Stewart Granger
- Thomas Granger, (1625–1642), first person hanged in the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- Walter M. Granger, (1977-present),Coach,Officer
- Wayne Granger, (born 1944), American professional baseball player.
Derek Granger Canadian, Paramedic, 1957-
Fictional people surnamed Granger
- Becky Granger, British soap opera character
- Colby Granger, fictional character in the television show Numb3rs.
- Granger, Montag's guide outside the city in Fahrenheit 451.
- Geraldine Granger, fictional character in the Vicar of Dibley
- Hermione Granger, fictional character in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter.
- Hiro Granger, fictional character of the anime and manga series of Beyblade.
- Jack Granger, fictional character in the video game Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.
- Lorelei Granger, fictional character in the book Frindle.
- Tyson Granger, fictional character of the anime and manga series of Beyblade.
People named Granger
- Granger (Tourtechot), (c 1680s-1734), French physician and traveller
- Granger K. Costikyan, (1907–1998), American, banker.
- Granger Name Meaning and Origin Retrieved on 2007-12-01