Grant Blackwood is an American thriller writer and ghostwriter. He wrote the Briggs Tanner series. He co-authored with Clive Cussler Spartan Gold which reached number 10 on the New York Times Hardcover Fiction Best Sellers list. He is a veteran of the United States Navy.
Briggs Tanner series
- The End Of Enemies (2001)
- The Wall Of Night (2002)
- An Echo Of War (2003)
- Spartan Gold (2009)
- Lost Empire (2010)
- The Kingdom (2011)
Splinter Cell series (writing as "David Michaels")
Tucker Wayne series (with James Rollins)
- Sacrificial Lion (2006) (Anthology Thriller (book))
- Finalist for the 2002 Minnesota Book Award in Popular Fiction for The End of Enemies.
- Lynn Neary (August 4, 2009). "For Authors, Ghostwriting Offers Solvency, Stability". NPR. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- Mark Combes. "Spartan Gold by Clive Cussler, with Grant Blackwood". ThrillerWriters.org.
- "Hardcover Fiction Best Sellers". New York Times. October 18, 2009. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- "WRITE of SPRING III". Crimespree Magazine. March 26, 2005.
Grant Blackwood is a U.S. Navy veteran, having spent three years on active duty aboard the guided missile frigate USS Ford as an operations specialist and a Pilot Rescue Swimmer.
- "Minnesota Book Awards Past Finalists and Winners - 2002". The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library.