Grant County Regional Airport
|Grant County Regional Airport (GCRA)
|IATA: JDA – ICAO: KGCD – FAA LID: GCD|
|Serves||John Day, Oregon|
|Elevation AMSL||3,703 ft / 1,129 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Grant County Regional Airport - GCRA (IATA: JDA, ICAO: KGCD, FAA LID: GCD, formerly 5J0), also known as Ogilvie Field, is a county owned, public use airport in Grant County, Oregon, United States. It is located one nautical mile (2 km) southwest of the central business district of John Day, Oregon. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Grant County Regional Airport covers an area of 335 acres (136 ha) at an elevation of 3,703 feet (1,129 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 17/35 is 5,220 by 60 feet (1,591 x 18 m) and 9/27 is 4,471 by 60 feet (1,363 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 12, 2010, the airport had 9,500 aircraft operations, an average of 26 per day: 83% general aviation, 16% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 21 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine and 14% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GCD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Grant County Regional Airport (IATA: JDA, ICAO: KGCD, FAA: GCD)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- "John Day Airport, OR (IATA: JDA)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- Grant County Regional Airport at John Day
- Grant County Services
- Aerial image from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GCD, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: