||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (March 2011)|
He is most noted for his documentary about the British alternative rock group Radiohead, Meeting People Is Easy (1998), which followed the band on their tour for their highly acclaimed third album, OK Computer (1997).
In the early 1990s he had worked on U2's Zoo TV and Zoo Radio, and collaborated with Mark Neale on several projects (many through London production company Kudos Productions), including "The Memory Palace", an experimental multi-media project combining film and live performance for the Expo '92.
In 1996 he directed a twenty-seven minute short film commissioned by progressive house band Spooky for parts of their album "Found Sound" (namely the tracks "Central Heating", "Bamboo", "Aphonia", "Lowest Common Denominator", "Hypo-Allergenic"/"Interim"). The film was displayed on a continuous loop outside the Centre Georges Pompidou as part of its re-opening.
His short, more or less experimental films, including the onedotzero-commissioned "Tel Aviv City Symphony", the documentary "JC-03" about John Cale at work, and the dance film "Torsion" choreographed by Russell Maliphant, have been shown internationally as part of touring packages by the British Council, onedotzero and Film and Video Umbrella.
In April 2006 The Creative Commons-licensed film project A Swarm of Angels announced that Gee has joined the project team as Director of Photography.
In 2007, he made a short film called "Western Lands". This was a ten-minute film about climbing the "Old Man Of Hoy".
In November 2010 Grant received funding from the UK Film Council for his latest project: 'New Career In A New Town: David Bowie In Berlin' - a music documentary on Bowie's Berlin period.
In January 2011, Gee completed his latest film, "Patience: After Sebald" - 'unravelling Sebald's The Rings of Saturn ' -  which has recently been accepted by the Vancouver International Film Festival and the New York Film Festival.
 Filmography as director
- Found Sound (1996, 27 min)
- Meeting People Is Easy (1998, 95 min)
- (Tel Aviv) City Symphony (2000, 6 min)
- 400 Anarchists (2002, 20 min)
- JC-03 (2003, 30 min)
- Don't Crash: The Documentary of the Making of the Movie of the Book of the Radio Series of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'" (2005, 68 min)
- Demon Days: Live at the Manchester Opera House (2005, 70 min) (co-directed by David Barnard)
- Torsion (2005, 18 min)
- (Mr.) Fred Zentner's Cinema Bookshop Was Here (2005, 10 min)
- Joy Division (2006, 93 min)
- Cobra Bag (2001/2)
- Western Lands (2007)
- Patience: After Sebald (2011) (featuring soundtrack by The Caretaker)
 Music videos
Gee has directed a number of music videos including:
- Gavin Bryars with Tom Waits - "Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet" (1993)
- Spooky - "Stereo" from Stereo EP (1995)
- Spooky - "Shunt" from Shunt EP (1996)
- Spooky - "Fingerbobs" from Found Sound (1996)
- Radiohead - "No Surprises" from OK Computer (1997)
- Mansun - "Six" from Six (1999)
- Blur - "Tender" from 13 (1999)
- The Auteurs - "The Rubettes" from How I Learned to Love the Bootboys (1999)
- Jean-Louis Murat - "Jim" from Mustango (1999)
- Coldplay - "Shiver" from Parachutes (2000)
- Badly Drawn Boy - "Another Pearl" from The Hour of Bewilderbeast (2000)
- Mansun - "I Can Only Disappoint U" from Little Kix (2000)
- Idlewild - "Roseability" from 100 Broken Windows (2000)
- Les Innocents - " Le cygne" from Les Innocents (2000)
- Les Innocents - "Une vie moins ordinaire" from Les Innocents (2000)
- Les Innocents - "Danny Wilde" from Les Innocents (2000)
- Mansun - "Electric Man" from Little Kix (2000)
- Neil Finn - "Rest of the Day Off" from One Nil (2001)
- Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - "Discretion Grove" from Stephen Malkmus (2001)
- Embrace - "Wonder" from If You've Never Been (2001)
- Sparklehorse - "Devil's New" from It's a Wonderful Life (2001)
- Spooky - "Belong" from Belong single (2002)
- Badly Drawn Boy - "You Were Right" from Have You Fed The Fish? (2002)
- Suede - "Obsessions" from A New Morning (2002)
- The Datsuns - "Harmonic Generator" from The Datsuns (2003)
- The Kills - "Fried My Little Brains" from Keep on Your Mean Side (2003)
- Zero 7 - "Somersault" from When It Falls (2004)
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - "Nature Boy" from Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus (2004)
- Gorillaz - "White Light" from Demon Days: Live at the Manchester Opera House (2006) (co-directed by David Barnard)
- Morning Runner - "The Great Escape" from Wilderness Is Paradise Now (2006)
- Badly Drawn Boy - "Born in the U.K." from Born in the U.K. (2006)
- Luke Haines - "Off My Rocker at the Art School Bop" from Off My Rocker at the Art School Bop (2006)
- Beggars - "You and Me" from You and Me
- Keane - "Perfect Symmetry" from Perfect Symmetry (2008)
 Other projects
Other projects created by Grant Gee are:
- Redbee - Bang Goes the Theory - Feature Advertisement
- Levelle, Tony (2008-11-01). Digital Video Secrets: What the Pros Know and the Manuals Don't Tell You. Michael Wiese Productions. p. 15. ISBN 978-1-932907-47-6. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Independent, The Information, 28 January 2012
- Goddard, Michael; Halligan, Benjamin (2010-05-15). Mark E. Smith and the Fall: art, music and politics. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 20. ISBN 978-0-7546-6862-6. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- Griffiths, Dai (2004-08-11). OK computer. Continuum International Publishing Group. p. 73. ISBN 978-0-8264-1663-6. Retrieved 28 March 2011.