|No. 17 – Utah Jazz|
July 8, 1993 |
Costa Mesa, California
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||232 lb (105 kg)|
|High school||Lutheran (La Verne, California)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 40th overall|
|Selected by the Portland Trail Blazers|
|2013–2014||Tulsa 66ers (D-League)|
|2014–2015||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|2014–2015||→Oklahoma City Blue (D-League)|
|2015||→Idaho Stampede (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Grant Alexander Jerrett (born July 8, 1993) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the University of Arizona.
High school career
Jerrett attended Lutheran High School in La Verne, California. As a junior in 2010–11, he averaged 18.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 3.4 blocked shots per game for coach Eric Cooper Sr. as he led Lutheran to the 2011 California Division 3 state championship game, where he posted 16 points and 10 rebounds. He was also named an all-CIF Southern Section Division 3AA performer in 2010–11.
As a senior in 2011–12, Jerrett averaged 22.3 points, 10.0 rebounds and 2.4 blocked shots in leading the Trojans to a 25-8 record. He was subsequently named a 2012 Parade All-American and the Gatorade California player of the year. He also participated in the 2012 McDonald's All-American Boys Game and Jordan Brand Classic.
In his one season at Arizona playing for coach Sean Miller, Jerrett averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 34 games, including two starts. He recorded season highs of 15 points against Oral Roberts and 10 rebounds against UCLA. Following the 2012–13 season, he announced his intentions to leave Arizona and either declare for the NBA draft or join another school. On April 18, 2013, he declared for the NBA draft, foregoing his final three years of college eligibility.
Oklahoma City Thunder
Jerrett was selected 40th overall by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2013 NBA draft. His draft rights were later traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder for cash considerations on draft night. In July 2013, he joined the Thunder for the 2013 NBA Summer League.
On November 1, 2013, Jerrett was selected with the first overall pick in the 2013 NBA Development League Draft by the Tulsa 66ers, the Thunder's D-League affiliate team. On April 7, 2014, he signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder for the rest of the 2013–14 season.
On July 16, 2014, Jerrett re-signed with the Thunder to a multi-year deal. During his sophomore season with the Thunder, he had multiple assignments with the Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA Development League.
On November 28, 2014, Jerrett made his long-awaited NBA debut in the Thunder's 105-78 win over the New York Knicks. In just under 9 minutes of action, he recorded 3 points, 1 rebound and 1 assist.
On February 19, 2015, Jerrett was traded to the Utah Jazz in a three-team trade that also involved the Detroit Pistons. On March 10, he was assigned to the Idaho Stampede. He was recalled by the Jazz on March 19, reassigned on March 26, and recalled again on April 6.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Grant is the son of Lamont and Barbara Jerrett.
- "DraftExpressProfile: Grant Jerrett Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook". DraftExpress.com. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- "Grant Jerrett Bio". ArizonaWildcats.com. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Men's Basketball Signs Four Recruits". ArizonaWildcats.com. November 14, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Grant Jerrett – Basketball Recruiting – Player Profiles". ESPN.com. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Zimmerman, Kevin (April 15, 2013). "Grant Jerrett mulling over entering 2013 NBA Draft, per report". azdesertswarm.com. SB Nation. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Grant Jerrett declares for NBA draft". ESPN.com. April 18, 2013. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "NBA Draft 2013: Portland Trail Blazers select Grant Jerrett at No. 40". SBNation.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- "2013 NBA Draft Blog". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. June 27, 2013. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Tulsa 66ers Select Grant Jerrett with First Pick of 2013 NBA Development League Draft via CISCO WebEx Meeting Center". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. November 1, 2013. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Thunder Signs Grant Jerrett". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. April 7, 2014. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Thunder Re-Signs Grant Jerrett". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 16, 2014. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Thunder To Sign Grant Jerrett To Multi-Year Deal". RealGM.com. July 14, 2014. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "2014-15 NBA Assignments". NBA.com. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- "Westbrook scores 32 in return; Thunder beat Knicks". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. November 28, 2014. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Utah sends Kanter and Novak to Oklahoma City; Detroit also part of deal". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to Idaho Stampede". NBA.com. March 10, 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- "Jazz Recall Grant Jerrett from Idaho Stampede". NBA.com. March 19, 2015. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to Idaho Stampede". NBA.com. March 26, 2015. Retrieved March 26, 2015.
- "Jazz Recall Grant Jerrett from Idaho Stampede". NBA.com. April 6, 2015. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Arizona bio
- Sports-Reference.com Profile