Grant Township, Douglas County, Kansas
A teepee at TeePee Junction north of Lawrence.
Location in Douglas County
|• Total||16.56 sq mi (42.88 km2)|
|• Land||16.44 sq mi (42.57 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.32 km2) 0.75%|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||26.9/sq mi (10.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0478832|
Grant Township covers an area of 16.56 square miles (42.9 km2) and contains no incorporated settlements. According to the USGS, it contains one cemetery, Maple Grove.
- Rural Township, Jefferson County (northwest)
- Sarcoxie Township, Jefferson County (north)
- Reno Township, Leavenworth County (east)
- Wakarusa Township, Douglas County (south)
Towns and Settlements
Although these towns may not be incorporated or populated, they are still placed on maps produced by the county.
- Midland, located at
Places of interest
- Located near Lyon Street and North 9th Street, just outside of North Lawrence was the community of Bismarck Grove which held fairs and chautauquas between 1878 and 1900.
- Riverfront Park is a park maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers that follows the Kansas River levee from Leavenworth County to Jefferson County
- The Union Pacific Railroad Depot was designed by Henry Van Brunt and built in 1889. It was used until 1984, was saved from demolition and is now the Lawrence Visitors Information Center.
- "Township of Grant". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 13 October 1978. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
|This article about a location in Douglas County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|