Grant Township, Newton County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Grain Elevator along the tracks serving western Indiana farmers
Location in Newton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.52 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.52 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||33.5/sq mi (12.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47922, 47948, 47951|
|GNIS feature ID||0453337|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.52 square miles (92.0 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Goodland and Mount Calvary.
- South Newton School Corporation
- Indiana's 1st congressional district
- State House District 15
- State Senate District 6
- "Grant Township, Newton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Grant Township
||Iroquois Township||Jordan Township, Jasper County|
|Jefferson Township||Carpenter Township, Jasper County|
|Richland Township, Benton County||Union Township, Benton County|