Grantsburg is an unincorporated community in Union Township, Crawford County, Indiana.
Grantsburg was laid out in 1854.
The Grantsburg post office (spelled Grantsburgh in early years) was established in 1854. John V. Grant was an early postmaster.
Grantsburg is located at 38°17′17″N 86°28′10″W / 38.28806°N 86.46944°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Grantsburg, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 60.
- ^ "Crawford County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 149. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
John V. Grant was the third postmaster.