Granville Gordon, 13th Marquess of Huntly
Granville Charles Gomer Gordon, 13th Marquess of Huntly (born 4 February 1944), styled Earl of Aboyne until 1987, is a British peer and the Premier Marquess of Scotland.
Huntly is the son of Douglas Gordon, 12th Marquess of Huntly, by the Honourable Mary Pamela, daughter of James Berry, 1st Viscount Kemsley, and was educated at Gordonstoun. He succeeded in the marquessate in 1987 on the death of his father and contributed occasionally in the House of Lords. However, he lost his seat in parliament after the passing of the House of Lords Act 1999. He is also the Chief of the Clan Gordon.
Lord Huntly married Jane Elizabeth Angela, daughter of Alistair Monteith Gibb, in 1972. They had one son, Alastair Gordon, Earl of Aboyne, and two daughters. Lord and Lady Huntly were divorced in 1990. He married secondly in 1991 to Catheryn Kindersley, of the Barons Kindersley, formerly Mrs. Robert Lennon Millbourn in 1980, and had a daughter. The Marchioness is a Patroness of the Royal Caledonian Ball.
Since 1987, he is:
- 13th Marquess of Huntly (Peerage of Scotland, 1599)
- 18th Earl of Huntly (Peerage of Scotland, 1445), contested
- 13th Earl of Enzie (Peerage of Scotland, 1599), contested
- 13th Lord Gordon of Badenoch (Peerage of Scotland, 1599), contested
- 9th Earl of Aboyne (Peerage of Scotland, 1660)
- 9th Lord Gordon of Strathavon and Glenlivet (Peerage of Scotland, 1660)
- 5th Baron Meldrum, of Morven in the county of Aberdeen (Peerage of United Kingdom, 1815)
|Ancestors of Granville Gordon, 13th Marquess of Huntly|
- thepeerage.com Granville Charles Gomer Gordon, 13th Marquess of Huntly
- "Patronesses". Royal Caledonian Ball.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Granville Gordon, 13th Marquess of Huntly
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Marquess of Huntly
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Marquess of Winchester
|United Kingdom Order of Precedence
The Marquess of Queensberry
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|