Granville Township, Mercer County, Ohio
|Granville Township, Mercer County, Ohio|
The Cranberry Prairie, a wide field in the township
Location of Granville Township (red) in Mercer County, relative to the county seat of Celina (orange) and Grand Lake St. Marys (blue)
|• Total||39.2 sq mi (101.5 km2)|
|• Land||39.2 sq mi (101.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||997 ft (304 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086626|
Granville Township (listed as Granville (village) on the US government census Web site) is one of the fourteen townships of Mercer County, Ohio, United States. Based on the 2010 census, the population as of 2011[update] was estimated at 5,662.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Butler Township - north
- Marion Township - east
- Wabash Township, Darke County - southeast
- Allen Township, Darke County - southwest
- Gibson Township - west
- Recovery Township - northwest
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Granville Township is located in Licking County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- US Census, Annual estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places in Ohio, April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2011, Excel spreadsheet format
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.