|Predecessor(s)||Foreign & Colonial Ventures Ltd.
Foreign & Colonial Enterprise Trust
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Products||Investments, private equity funds|
|Total assets||£1.3 billion|
|Parent||Foreign & Colonial Investment Trust (prior)|
Graphite Capital Management is a private equity firm focused on middle market leveraged buyout investments, primarily in the UK. The firm also houses a fund of funds platform that invests in other private equity funds across Europe and the US. The firm has managed private equity funds since 1981 and in 2001 became fully independent.
The group has managed over £1.3 billion for both institutional and private shareholders, with the most recent fund raising £555 million. Originally the fund closed on £475 million of investor commitments in May 2007. Since 1991, the firm has backed almost 100 management teams through various investments.
The Foreign & Colonial Enterprise Trust, a UK listed vehicle today known as Graphite Enterprise Trust was established in 1981 by the Foreign & Colonial Investment Trust with a £10 million initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange.
Graphite's direct investment business was originally known as Foreign & Colonial Ventures Ltd.
- KPS and Graphite Capital offer top-up funds to investors. AltAssets, August 26, 2009].
- Graphite closes seventh UK mid-market fund on £475m. AltAssets, May 16, 2007
- Graphite Capital Fund Investors: History. (company website)
- F&C Ventures bought out by management. Money Marketing, April 26, 2001
- Management to buy F&C Ventures. The Telegraph, Apr 22, 2001
- F&C Ventures becomes Graphite Capital. Investments & Pensions Europe, Apr 24, 2001
- FN Profile: Graphite Capital goes organic with strategy for Wagamama. Financial News, Sep 13, 2004
- Graphite's considered approach. Growth Business UK, February 6, 2007
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|