|First issue||1 October 1938|
|Company||Arnoldo Mondadori Editore|
Grazia (Italian for Grace) is an Italian weekly women's magazine with international editions printed in Albania, Bahrain, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, France, Germany. Greece, Indonesia, India, Japan, Macedonia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, and United Kingdom.
History and profile
The Italian edition of Grazia was first published Mondadori in November 1938. The magazine was modelled on the American magazine Harper's Bazaar. The start of Grazia was a return in Italy to traditionalist values such as cooking and child-rearing. During the fascist rule in the country the magazine followed the Fascist policies and propaganda. Following World War II the magazine was renewed, but its conservative stance remained.
In Italy, it is owned by the Mondadori which later became one of Silvio Berlusconi's companies, The British edition of the magazine was started in 2005 and is owned in the UK under licence by Bauer Consumer Media.
The inaugural issue of Grazia Korea was launched on 20 February 2013. It features a photospread of actors Lee Byung-hun, Bae Soo-bin and Kim Do-hyun for the play based on the 2012 film Masquerade. The Australian edition was discontinued in February 2013.
Grazia had a circulation of 374,213 copies in 1984. The Italian version of the magazine had a circulation of 240,000 copies from January to August 2003. The 2007 circulation of the Italian edition was 218,083 copies. In Italy, the circulation of the magazine rose to 382,000 copies in the first half of 2011. The circulation in the UK for the second half of 2013 was 160,019 copies.
- "Grazia Germany". Retrieved 12 March 2010.
- Paula Brito (10 November 2005). "Revista 'Grazia' chega a Portugal em Janeiro". Diário de Notícias. Retrieved 21 September 2007.
- "Partners". Fashion Week. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- David Forgacs; Stephen Gundle (2007). Mass Culture and Italian Society from Fascism to the Cold War. Indiana University Press. p. 7. ISBN 0-253-21948-5. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. - Company Profile". Reference for Business. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Adam Arvidsson (2003). Marketing Modernity: Italian Advertising from Fascism to Postmodernity. New York: Routledge. p. 23. Retrieved 25 April 2015. – via Questia (subscription required)
- Penelope Morris (2007). "A window on the private sphere: Advice columns, marriage, and the evolving family in 1950s Italy" (PDF). The Italianist 27. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Bruno Munari: art director, 1943-1944". Domus. 24 March 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Time Inc in Joint Venture to Publish talian Fortune". Associated Press. 7 November 1988. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Eric Lyman (5 March 2014). "Italian publisher unveils magazine dedicated to Pope Francis". National Catholic Reporter (Rome). Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Chen Duo Icy; Chen Jiaxi Viola; Liu Wenman Nicole; Wu Ge Mavis (May 2013). ""Grazia China" Study Report" (PDF). Hong Kong Baptist University. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "France". Mondadori. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- So Hyoun An (23 February 2013). "The Three Gwanghaes Lee Byung Hun, Bae Soo Bin and Kim Do Hyun Pose for Grazia". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Grazia gone as magazines slump, The Australian
- Maria Teresa Crisci. "Relationships between numbers of readers per copy and the characteristics of magazines" (PDF). The Print and Digital Research Forum. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "News magazines" (PDF). Lombard Media. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Anne Austin et. al. (2008). "Western Europe Market and Media Fact" (PDF). Zenith Optimedia. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Dati ADS (tirature e vendite)". Fotografi (in Italian). Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Top 10 Italian Fashion Magazines". Cision. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "ABC Certificates and Reports: Grazia". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
July to December 2013, combined print and digital editions.
- (Italian) Grazia Italia's website
- Information on Grazia from the parent company
- Grazia French's homepage
- Grazia India's homepage
- Grazia Indonesia's homepage
- Grazia Thailand's homepage
- Grazia UK's homepage
- Italian Grazia – magazine profile at Fashion Model Directory