|State Secretary to the Prime Minister|
22 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Matteo Renzi|
|Preceded by||Filippo Patroni Griffi|
|Minister for Regional Affairs and Autonomy|
29 April 2013 – 22 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Enrico Letta|
27 April 1960 |
|Political party||Democratic Party|
Graziano Delrio (born 1960) is an Italian medical doctor and politician, who served as minister for regional affairs and autonomy from late April 2013 to February 2014. He is the state secretary to the Prime Minister and the mayor of Reggio Emilia.
Early life and education
Delrio worked at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia as a faculty member and researcher. He is the founder and former director of the Giorgio la Pira Association, which was founded to promote cultural contact between Italy and the Middle East. He is a senior member of the Democratic Party. In 1999, he became a member of the municipal council of the Reggio Emilia province. In 2000, he was elected to the regional board and served as the president of the health and social politics commission for the province and as the member of the environment and territory commission.
In 2004, he became a member of the Margherita Party and was elected as the mayor of Reggio Emilia for the Unione Party. He was the president of national association of Italian municipalities until July 2013 when the mayor of Turin, Piero Fassino, was elected to the post. On 28 April 2013, Delrio was appointed minister for regional affairs and autonomy to the cabinet led by the Prime Minister Enrico Letta. On 22 February 2014, he was appointed state secretary to the Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's office.
- Roe, Alex (29 April 2013). "Who Are Italy’s New Ministers?". Italy Chronicles. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "The new Italian government of Prime Minister Enrico Letta". Cosmopolis. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Delrio Graziano". Who's who. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "The team of the Renzi government". Intel Group. February 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Our Image of Learning, Our Responsibility". NAREA Newsletter. 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Letta hails strong cabinet with 'record' women presence". ANSAmed. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Italy ex-PM Prodi put forward for presidential vote". News Asia. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Tough Economy Has Italy Pushing Lesser-Known Destinations in New ‘Jewels of Italy’ Campaign". Atlanta Black Star. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Fassino new head of Italian mayors". Life in Italy (Rome). ANSA. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Italy's cabinet ministers". Europe (Rome). 28 April 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- Carolyn Edwards; Lella Gandini; George Forman (13 December 2011). The Hundred Languages of Children: The Reggio Emilia Experience in Transformation. ABC-CLIO. p. 81. ISBN 978-0-313-35962-0. Retrieved 12 July 2013.