|State Secretary to the Prime Minister|
22 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Matteo Renzi|
|Preceded by||Filippo Patroni Griffi|
27 April 1960 |
|Political party||Democratic Party|
Graziano Delrio (born 1960) is an Italian medical doctor and politician, who has been serving as Minister for Regional Affairs and Autonomy since late April 2013, currently he is State Secretary to the Prime Minister. He is also the mayor of Reggio Emilia.
Early life and education
Delrio worked at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia as a faculty member and researcher. He is the founder and former director of the Giorgio la Pira Association, which was founded to promote cultural contact between Italy and the Middle East. He is a senior member of the Democratic Party. in 2000, he was elected to the regional board and served as the president of the health and social politics commission for Reggio Emilia province and as the member of the environment and territory commission.
In 2004, he became the mayor of Reggio Emilia. He was the president of national association of Italian municipalities until July 2013 when the mayor of Turin, Piero Fassino, was elected to the post. On 28 April 2013, Delrio was appointed minister for regional affairs and autonomy to the cabinet led by the Prime Minister Enrico Letta. On 22 February 2014, he was appointed secretary of the Council of Ministers led by Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.
- Roe, Alex (29 April 2013). "Who Are Italy’s New Ministers?". Italy Chronicles. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "The new Italian government of Prime Minister Enrico Letta". Cosmopolis. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Delrio Graziano". Who's who. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Our Image of Learning, Our Responsibility". NAREA Newsletter. 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Letta hails strong cabinet with 'record' women presence". ANSAmed. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Italy ex-PM Prodi put forward for presidential vote". News Asia. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Tough Economy Has Italy Pushing Lesser-Known Destinations in New ‘Jewels of Italy’ Campaign". Atlanta Black Star. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Fassino new head of Italian mayors". Life in Italy (Rome). ANSA. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Italy's cabinet ministers". Europe (Rome). 28 April 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- Carolyn Edwards; Lella Gandini; George Forman (13 December 2011). The Hundred Languages of Children: The Reggio Emilia Experience in Transformation. ABC-CLIO. p. 81. ISBN 978-0-313-35962-0. Retrieved 12 July 2013.