Great Birmingham Run
|Great Birmingham Run|
|Location||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Official site||Great Birmingham Run|
The Great Birmingham Run is an annual half marathon road running event held in Birmingham, UK in October. Formerly known as the Birmingham Half Marathon, from 2011 it became part of the Great Run series of road races. The 2010 Birmingham Half Marathon attracted around 14,000 participants.
Key: Course record
|Edition||Year||Men's winner||Time (m:s)||Women's winner||Time (m:s)|
|1st||2008||Andi Jones (GBR)||65:46||Birhan Dagne (GBR)||77:40|
|2nd||2009||Jean Ndayisenga (BDI)||66:17||Susan Partridge (GBR)||72:50|
|3rd||2010||Edwin Kipyego (KEN)||63:50||Susan Partridge (GBR)||73:56|
|4th||2011||Haile Gebrselassie (ETH)||61:29||Gemma Steel (GBR)||72:21|
|5th||2012||Micah Kogo (KEN)||60:17||Sara Moreira (POR)||72:49|
|6th||2013||Thomas Ayeko (UGA)||62:32||Gemma Steel (GBR)||71:19|
- "About the Great Birmingham Run". Greatrun.org. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Stage set for the Bupa Great Birmingham Run". birminghamnewsroom.com. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- Martin, David (2011-10-23). Gebrselassie returns to winning ways with commanding Half Marathon performance in Birmingham. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-10-23.
- Martin, David (2012-10-21). Kogo defeats Kuma in Birmingham thriller. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-10-21.
- Hardman, Dean (2013-10-20). Steel breaks course record, Ayeko makes promising debut in Birmingham. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-10-21.
- Results from Power of 10