Great Neck School District
The Great Neck School District is a comprehensive community public school district primarily serving students in Great Neck, New York. It also serves students in some parts of Manhasset and New Hyde Park. It is Union Free School District Number 7 in the Town of North Hempstead, Nassau County, New York, United States, on Long Island.
List of Schools
There are three high schools: North High School, with an alternative program, Community School; South High School; and The Village School, a small alternative high school. There are also two middle schools, four elementary schools, and a nursery school.
- High Schools:
- Middle Schools:
- Great Neck North Middle School
- Great Neck South Middle School
- Elementary Schools:
- Nursery School:
- Parkville School
Declining student population through the 1970s and 1980s  resulted in a reduction in the number of operating elementary schools from eleven in 1954 to only four today. The previously operational schools included:
|Woolley's Brook School||1814||1830|
|Second School (name unknown)||1830||1838||burned down|
|Fairview Avenue School||1840||1869||(photo)(another photo)|
|First Arrandale School||1869||1899||(photo)|
|Second Arrandale School||1900||1920 (burned down)||(photo)|
|"Second" School (Kensington)||1905||(photo)(another photo)|
Modern Day Schools
|Arrandale School||1914||1977||building on corner of Arrandale Ave. and Middleneck Rd. was demolished in 1976|
|Kensington-Johnson School||1921||1981||Demolished 1996 |
|Cumberland School||1951||1981||Became Cumberland Adult Center  .view at Live.com|
|Cutter Mill School||1952||1978||Demolished|
|Clover Drive School||1954||became Clover Drive Adult Center |
|Grace Avenue School||1954||became Great Neck Senior Center |
|Cherry Lane School||1954||1976||sold to private religious school|
- 2006-07 Proposed Budget, accessed May 18, 2006
- District information for the Great Neck Union Free School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 16, 2008.
- History at Great Neck School District Official Page
- Great Neck History Online at the Great Neck Library
- Great Neck School District
- Data for the Great Neck School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Match, Richard. Lucky Seven: A History of the Great Neck Public Schools, Union Free School District No. 7, Great Neck Public Schools 150th Anniversary Committee, 1964. The Great Neck Library has provided this download to view scanned images of the book. It is a 7.2 MiB PDF file.