The Great Run is a series of road running events around the United Kingdom, which includes the Great North Run. The Great Run is a part of the NOVA international sporting group, which was launched by retired athlete Brendan Foster. The group specialises in half marathon road running events but also hosts smaller runs for children (sometimes in conjunction with the larger 10 kilometres race).
Bupa has been title partner of the Great Run Series for the last 18 years, one of Britain’s longest ever sports sponsorship agreements.
Three of the runs have obtained IAAF Gold Label Road Race status: the Great Manchester Run, the Great North Run, and the Great South Run. The designation signifies that the races are among the premier competitions of their type.
Current list of events
- Great Australian Run
- Great Birmingham Run
- Great Capital Run
- Great Edinburgh Run
- Great Ethiopian Run
- Great Ireland Run, Dublin
- Great Manchester Run
- Great North 10K, Gateshead
- Great North Run
- Great South Run
- Great Winter Run/Great Edinburgh International Cross Country
- Great Yorkshire Run
- IAAF back Nova International in street racing initiative. Great Run (2009-05-18). Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
- IAAF Road Race Label events. IAAF (2009). Retrieved on 2009-10-25.
|This athletics and track and field article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|